Yeerongpilly railway station
Southbound view in July 2012
|Location||Wilkie Street, Yeerongpilly|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||9.36 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Station code||600054 (platform 1)
600196 (platform 2)
|Fare zone||go card 1/2|
|Previous names||Logan Junction
South Coast Junction
Yeerongpilly railway station is located on the Beenleigh line in Queensland, Australia. It serves the Brisbane suburb of Yeerongpilly. Immediately south-west of the station, the Corinda line branches off.
The design for the Queensland Tennis Centre included extending the footbridge over Fairfield Road, however when the centre was built it was not included. Construction eventually commenced in July 2010, with the new bridge opened on 29 December 2010 in time for the 2011 Brisbane International.
With the opening of the NSW North Coast line to South Brisbane in 1930, the New South Wales Government Railways opened a depot to the south of the station. This closed on 13 February 1997 with the turntable relocated to the new National Rail Acacia Ridge facility.
Services by platform
|1||Beenleigh||Coopers Plains, Kuraby & Beenleigh|||
|2||Beenleigh||Bowen Hills & Ferny Grove|||
Brisbane Transport operate three routes via Yeerongpilly station:
- 104: Corinda to Princess Alexandra Hospital
- 105: Indooroopilly to Brisbane City via Yeronga
- 108: Indooroopilly to Brisbane City
- Clapham - Yeerongpilly SA Track & Signal
- "The Logan Railway". The Brisbane Courier. 23 January 1885. p. 5. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "Yeronga - Early History". The Brisbane Courier. 23 June 1928. p. 5. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "Yeerongpilly Divisional Board". The Logan and Albert Advocate. 23 September 1893. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Change to route 104 services TransLink
- Footbridge, what footbridge? Brisbane Times 7 January 2009
- First step for new Yeerongpilly footbridge TransLink 8 July 2010
- Yeerongpilly footbridge opens for tennis fans TransLink 20 December 2010
- "Brisbane Express First Train Leaves via North Coast Route" Sydney Morning Herald 27 September 1930
- "Standard Gauge Loco Facility Closes" Railway Digest April 1997 page 13
- "Acacia Ridge Locomotive Facilities" Railway Digest December 1996 page 18
- "Rails return to the Gold Coast" Railway Digest August 1996 page 19
- "Yeerongpilly - Salisbury Third Road" Railway Digest August 1996 page 11
- Beenleigh line timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Yeerongpilly Platform 1 TransLink
- Yeerongpilly Platform 2 TransLink
- Route 104 timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Route 105, 108 timetable TransLink 6 June 2011