- For the nearby town formerly called Yeghegis, see Artabuynk.
|Marz (Province)||Vayots Dzor Province|
Yeghegis (Armenian: Եղեգիս, also Romanized as Eghegis, Yekhegis; formerly, Alayaz, Alagyaz, and Erdapin) is a town in the Vayots Dzor Province of Armenia. It has rich historical past, with medieval Tsakhats Kar Monastery and Smbataberd fortress located in the vicinity of Yeghegis. The name of the town originated from the Armenian word yeghegn, which means reed.
- Kiesling, Brady (2005), Rediscovering Armenia: Guide, Yerevan, Armenia: Matit Graphic Design Studio, see Tsaghats Kar Monastery.
- Yeghegis at GEOnet Names Server
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia
- Brady Kiesling, Rediscovering Armenia, p. 123; original archived at Archive.org, and current version online on Armeniapedia.org.
|This article about a location in Vayots Dzor Province, Armenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|