Yeh Hai Chahatein
|Yeh Hai Chahatein|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Written by||Dheeraj Sarna|
|Screenplay by||Shilpa Jathar|
|Story by||Sonali Jaffar|
|Directed by||Neeraj Baliyan |
|Creative director(s)||Shivangi Baabar|
|Starring||Sargun Kaur Luthra|
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||42|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||19 December 2019 –|
|Related shows||Yeh Hai Mohabbatein|
Yeh Hai Chahatein (transl. This is Love) is an Indian drama television series produced by Ekta Kapoor for Star Plus. It is a spin-off series of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. It premiered on 19 December 2019 and stars Sargun Kaur Luthra and Abrar Qazi.
Gynacologist Dr. Preesha raises her sister’s child, Saaransh after her sister's death. Rudraksh is a rockstar who doesn't believe in true love. Saaransh becomes his fan while Preesha detests him. How they come close through Saaransh forms the crux of the story.
- Sargun Kaur Luthra as Dr. Preesha Srinivasan – a gynaecologist; Vasudha and Gopal's daughter; Mahima's younger sister; Saransh's maternal aunt and adoptive mother (2019–present)
- Abrar Qazi as Rudraksh Khurana – a rock singer; Balraj's son; Rajeev's younger brother (2019–present)
- Vidhaan Sharma as Saransh Srinivasan – Mahima and Rajeev's son; Preesha's sororal nephew and adopted son (2019–present)
- Indira Krishnan as Vasudha Srinivasan – Preesha and Mahima's mother (2019–present)
- Vijay Kashyap as Gopal Krishna Srinivasan – Preesha and Mahima's father (2019–present)
- Aishwarya Khare as Mahima Srinivasan – Gopal and Vasudha's daughter, Preesha's elder sister, Saransh's biological mother (2019-present; deceased character)
- Satyajit Sharma as Balraj Khurana - Rudraksh and Rajeev's father (2019–present)
- Mallika Nayak - Rudraksh and Rajeev’s stepmother
- Indraneil Sengupta as Rajeev Khurana – Balraj's son, Rudraksh's elder brother, Ahana's husband, Mahima's former lover, Saransh's biological father (2019–2020; deceased character)
- Aishwarya Sakhuja as Ahana Khurana - Rajeev's wife (2019–present)
- Sidharth Shivpuri as Yuvraaj Pillai - a lawyer, Preesha's romantic interest and fiance (2019–present)
- Katie Iqbal as Kaveri (2019–present)
- Rupesh Kataria as Surya - Kaveri's boyfriend (2019-present)
- Divyanka Tripathi as Dr. Ishita Iyer from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein (2019)
- Karan Patel as Raman Bhalla from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein (2019)
The reports of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein having a spin-off was first announced in April 2018. It was supposed to premiere in the same year but was delayed as the story was not finalized. Then, it was reported to premiere in June 2019 and the casting for it was going on while Aakanksha Singh and Karan Vohra were reported as the leads. But it was scrapped in July 2019. In September 2019, the series was revived and fresh casting sessions began. Sargun Kaur Luthra was cast as Prisha Srinivasan and Abrar Qazi was cast as Rudraksh Khurana.
The first promo of the series was released on 27 November 2019 where Sargun Kaur Luthra and Vidhaan Sharma were introduced by Divyanka Tripathi and Karan Patel as Prisha Srinivasan and Saransh Srinivasan. The next promo was released on 16 December 2019 featuring Arbar Qazi, Sargun Kaur Luthra and Vidhaan Sharma.
Talking about the series, producer Ekta Kapoor said, "We have seen lots of stories till now, but this one is going to be even more special." Further she said, "Yeh Hai Chahatein deals with another social issue. It’s often said that it’s easier for men with children to get married again, but very tough for a woman with a child to find a suitable groom."
Abrar Qazi expressed, "I feel very fortunate to be working with Ekta Ma’am. I have been watching all her shows since childhood and it was a dream to work with her someday. I didn’t know my dream would come true so soon in my career but I feel blessed. I was in complete awe of her when I met her for the first time during the briefing of our show."
Sargun Kaur Luthra stated that she took inspiration from Neena Gupta for her role. Talking about playing a mother for the first time, she said, “When I was told that I will be playing a mother, I wasn’t apprehensive at all. My only worry was that I am very young and I had to look mature on screen which was a challenge. The team has helped me a lot to help me look a certain age and more over with my body language to portray this character. Even Vidhaan (my on-screen son), has helped bring out the best in me. More than mother-son, we are like friends off the screen.” 
Aishwarya Sakhuja was roped to play the negative role of Ahana which is her first negative role. Speaking about it she said, "I have auditioned for a lot of Balaji shows and whenever I auditioned for negative roles I was told I look very positive. So, when I bagged this role, I asked them why now? They said eventually you will get to know as to why we have chosen you, and I understand because they like to surprise their audience and that's exactly what they are doing. I was figuring how to go about it, but my team is helping. After every two sentences out of habit, I go into the positive zone but I have people to handhold me and help me,"
Pinkvilla said, "The first episode very well established the difference in approach to a single father and a mother and headlines the plot of this interesting love story of a gynaecologist and a rockstar.
- "Divyanka Tripathi introduces characters from Yeh Hai Chahatein".
- "Yeh Hai Mohabattein's spin-off Ye Hai Chahatein to launch on December 19". Indian Express.
- "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein to go off air, Sargun Kaur, Abrar Qazi to star in spin-off Yeh Hai Chahatein". Hindustan Times.
- "Karan Patel and Divyanka Tripathi to be seen in Yeh Hai Chahatein". India Today.
- "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein to get a spin-off Yeh Hai Chahatein; Shoot to begin in June". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, featuring Divyanka Tripathi & Karan Patel, likely to get its spin-off; Ekta Kapoor looking for new faces". DB Post.
- "Here's when 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' spin off 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' to go on floors!". ABP Live.
- "Spin-off is off". Tribune India.
- "'Yeh Hai Chahatein': THIS Popular Actor To Play Male LEAD In 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' SPIN-OFF?". ABP Live.
- "Not Karan Wahi, but Abrar Qazi to play the hero in 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein promo: Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel introduce Prisha from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein spin-off". Times Now News. 27 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein promo alert: Trisha and Rudraksh get into a banter; show to go on-air on this date". Times Of India.
- "Ekta Kapoor bids adieu to Yeh Hai Mohabbatein; introduces Ishima's niece in spin-off Yeh Hai Chahtein". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein's Abrar Qazi Reveals His First Look; Shares Thoughts On Working With Ekta Kapoor". ABP Live.
- "Sargun Kaur takes inspiration from Neena Gupta for 'Yeh Hai Chahatein'". The Times Of India.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Sargun Kaur Luthra OPENS UP On Playing Single Mother In 'YHM' Spin-off". ABP Live. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- "Aishwarya Sakhuja to play a negative role for the first time in the show". India Today.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Sargun Kaur Luthra shares her first look as Dr Prisha Srinivasan". India Today.
- Raj, Baddhan. "Abrar Qazi replaces Karan Wahi in 'YHM' spin-off series". BizAsia.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Siddharth Shivpuri To Play Negative Lead; Replaces Zebby Singh In 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' Spin-Off!". ABPLive.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Yeh Rishta Actress Parul OUT Of Show, Aishwarya To Play MAIN Vamp?". ABPLive.
- "Ye Hai Chahatein first episode review: Abrar Qazi and Sargun Kaur Luthra deliver an impressive performance". Times Now News. Retrieved 27 January 2020.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein FIRST EPISODE REVIEW: Twitter lauds Sargun Kaur and Abrar Qazi's show, call it 'brilliant'". Pinkvilla. Retrieved 27 January 2020.