Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai
|Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai|
|Created by||Shashi Sumeet Productions|
|Written by||Shashi Sumeet Mittal|
Vaishali Naik Nageen Mirza
|Directed by||Yogesh Bijendra Bhati|
|Creative director(s)||Indrajeet Mukherjee|
Ambica Sharma Nageen Mirza
|Voices of||Kumar Sanu |
|Theme music composer||Anu Malik|
Sanjay Chhel Lyrics
|Opening theme||Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||304 as of 19 November 2018|
|Producer(s)||Shashi Sumeet Mittal|
Sumeet Hukamchand Mittal
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Production company(s)||Shashi Sumeet Productions|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Network|
|Original network||Sony SET India Sony Entertainment Television Network Asia|
|Original release||5 September 2017– Present|
Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai (English: It’s A Story About Those Days) is a Hindi drama series produced by Shashi Sumeet Productions which airs on Sony TV from Monday to Thursday at 10:30PM. Running time is 22 mins. It premiered on 5 September 2017. Ashi Singh and Randeep Rai play the roles of Naina and Sameer respectively. The show is based on the youngsters' love story and is set in the 1990s. It is inspired from the life of the producers Shashi and Sumeet Mittal.
The show has been critically acclaimed for its performances and script. Critics have also praised its setting that correctly show the viewers how the 1990s were. It has a particularly good fan following and TRP on Sony LIV and is immensely popular on social media like Facebook. This show has also been dubbed in Tamil known as Ninaithale Inikkum.
The story starts in 1990, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Naina Aggarwal, a 16 year old, studious student of Pragati Vidya Mandir lives with her uncle-aunt Anand and Bela, their daughters Pooja and Preeti, Naina's father Rakesh, her Taiji-tayaji Beena and Jagdish, and brother Arjun.
Sameer, a happy-go-lucky, good looking boy shifts to Naina's school. She instantly falls for him and constantly tries to gain his attention. Meanwhile, Sameer engages in a bet, wherein he has to make Naina say "I love you" to him.
After a few months, Naina's school goes for a trip to Mount Abu, where Sameer pretends to be in love with her. Naina, thinking his intentions to be true, confesses her love. At that moment, she learns of the bet and that Sameer pretending to be in love. This leaves Naina completely heartbroken, and starts hating Sameer.
Sameer, now realises that he too has fallen for her as she took care of him more than anyone else in the world. So, to gain her again, Sameer becomes a helper at Pooja's wedding, and apologises to Naina for his bad deeds. Naina forgives him, and hence start their relationship.
Sameer shares about his relation to his grandpa, who likes Naina very much. He asks to give his wife's saree to Naina to be worn on farewell day. But unfortunately, Sameer's grandpa passes away. He becomes depressed. So, he is taken to Delhi to change his gloominess. Naina and Sameer, though separated for almost an year, love each other very much and their relation goes strong. Sameer returns to Ahmedabad within a year and the couple reunite.
After schooling, both the lovebirds enroll to same college, VJN college. The relation is going strong and deepens day by day. But one day, Beena decides to get Naina married to a CA, Sharad, who is very arrogant and narrow minded. Against the will, Naina has to agree to the alliance, depressing Sameer. To woo Naina, Sameer proposes to Sunaina, which Sunaina takes seriously. After Sharad misbehaves with Anand, Naina breaks of the alliance, to which the family agree. Sameer gets back to Naina which angers Sunaina, and she constantly tries to separate the two. One day Anand gets to know of their relation. On seeing Sameer's true love and loyalty towards Naina, he approves of their relationship. Naina later becomes the General Secretary of the college.
The opening theme of Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai is composed by Anu Malik. The lyrics are written by Sanjay Chhel and it comprises the voices of legendary singers Kumar Sanu and Sadhana Sargam. The song has been praised for its melodious lyrics which refreshes the happenings in 1990's.
- Ashi Singh as Naina Agarwal
- Randeep Rai as Sameer Maheshwari
- Somendra Solanki / Vivaan Singh Rajput as Arjun Agarwal
- Hema Sood as Shefali Victor
- Nidhi Bhavsar as Juhi
- Sanjay Choudhary as Manoj aka Munna
- Raghav Dhir as Pandit
- Kristina Patel as Swati
- Malina Kumra as Kamya
- Hema Sai as Hema
- Ayesha Kaduskar as Preeti Agarwal
- Chandresh Singh as Rakesh Agarwal
- Vaishnavi Mahant as Vishakha Somani
- Abha Parmar as Beena Agarwal
- Sachin Khurana as Anand Agarwal
- Madhusree Sharma as Bela Agarwal
- Sanjay Batra as Jagdish Agarwal
- Aditya as Pralay Agarwal
- Rishina Kandhari as Shanti teacher
- Rohit Chandel as Rohan
- Riddhima Taneja as Deepika
- Kiran Kumar as Jaiprakash Maheshwari
- Rushad Rana as Lochan sir
- Ahsaan Qureshi as Principal
- Simran Lulla as Amrita
- Shweta Rajput as Pooja
- Love Joshi as Varun Mittal
- Sandeep Rajora as Vivek Mittal
- Kittu Gidwani as grandmother of Sameer
- Jayshree T. as Phulla bua
- Hitesh Sharma as Kartik
- Nishi Singh as Sunaina
- Charu Trikha as Mitali
- Vaibhav Shrivastav as Priyank
- Guddi Maruti as Principal of VJN College
- Vishnu Sharrma as Jayesh Bhoumik Raval aka JBR
- Arjun Aneja as Mr. Poonawala
- Rajendra Chawla as Kamlesh Maheshwari
- Melanie Nazareth as Prabha Maheshwari
- Atul Verma as Devang Maheshwari
- Subuhi Joshi as Poonam Maheshwari
- Sadiya Siddiqui as Naina's voiceover
- Jiten Lalwani as Sameer's voiceover
The show has received excellent reviews and is considered to be doing very well. It was particularly hailed for a fresh outlook and for bringing out the nostalgia and the flavours of the 90s well. It topped Sony TV shows by gaining a TRP of 1.1 its first week.
The Times of India hailed it as one of the best TV shows launched in 2017 and praised the performances of newcomers Ashi Singh and Randeep Rai.
UK's weekly Asian newspaper Eastern Eye praised the creative team of the show for leaving no stone unturned to recreate the city of Ahmedabad from an earlier era and called it a tribute to the city.
This show has also earned compliments from various television as well as film actors.
- ""Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai", a show revisiting 90s era, airs on Sony from today". uniindia.com. 5 September 2017.
- "Sony TV confirms launch date of 'Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai'". bizasialive.com. 31 August 2017.
- "Pehredaar Piya Ki Makers' Next Move After Show Was Taken Off Air". NDTV. 5 September 2017.
- "Pehredaar Piya Ki makers 'heartbroken' after show was axed; next project Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai". Firstpost. 6 September 2017.
- "Why Sony's new show Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai is giving us all the good vibes about the 90s". inuth.com. 8 September 2017.
- "Gear up to go into flashbacks with Sony TV's new show 'Ye Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai'". Bollywoodmdb.com. 1 September 2017.
- "Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai will take you down the memory lane". indiatoday.in. 8 September 2017.
- "Kundali Bhagya, Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai – a look at the best shows launched in 2017!". BollywoodLife.com. 28 December 2017.
- "Bollywood songs are losing poetic value: Kumar Sanu". radioandmusic.com. 5 September 2017.
- "Kumar Sanu: Singers who sang the original track must also sing the rehashed version". Hindustan Times. 15 September 2017.
- "Ye Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai: A few shows down & the story keeps you hooked!". bollywoodmdb.com. 14 September 2017.
- "Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Promo: Randeep Rai And Ashi Singh's New Show Will Make You Feel Nostalgic". Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "SHASHI MITTAL'S TRIBUTE TO AHMEDABAD IN YEH UN DINON KI BAAT HAI!". Eastern Eye. 18 September 2017.
- "Veteran actress Supriya Pilgaonkar compliments makers of 'Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-12-30.
- "Gold Awards 2018: Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel, Hina Khan, Nakuul Mehta & Others Nominated!". https://www.filmibeat.com. 2018-06-12. Retrieved 2018-07-08. External link in