|Alma mater||Hebrew University, Harvard University|
|Known for||Public Policy-making|
|Awards||Rosolio Award (1965),|
Israel Prize (2005)
|Fields||Political Science, Policy Planning, Strategic Issues|
|Institutions||Hebrew University, Jerusalem|
He was a member of the university's Department of Political Science of the Hebrew University from 1957 until his retirement, and was also head of its Public Administration division from 1964. He is a pioneering author in the fields of management, policy science, public administration, capacities to govern, leadership and security issues with publications including Public Policy-making Re-examined, Design for Policy Sciences, "Capacity to Govern: A Report to the Club of Rome" and Israeli Statecraft: National Security Challenges and Responses.
Dror holds a B.A. and Magister Juris from Hebrew University, and LLM and SJD (doctor of juridical sciences) qualifications from Harvard University. Outside academia he served as a senior consultant on policy-making and planning for the Israeli government, and founded the Jewish People Policy Planning Institute. He engaged in international consultantship, serving inter alia from 1968-70 as a senior staff member at the American Rand Corporation.
- In 1965, Dror received the Rosolio Prize.
- In 2005, he was awarded the Israel Prize, for management.
- "Speakers". Herzliya Conference.
- Eldar, Akiva (18 April 2007). "Endgame in Damascus and Gaza". Ha'aretz.
- Israel Prize Judges’ Rationale for the Award to Y. Dror (in Hebrew) Israel Prize official website
- Yehezkel Dror Biography on PIWP database
- Articles by Yehezkel Dror
- Yehezkel Dror's Books
- Yehezkel Dror
- Israel Prize Official Site - CV of Yehezkel Dror (in Hebrew)
- Interview with Yehezkel Dror by Ofir Kafri at The Global Scholar Knowledge Initiative (GSKI)