Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka!
|Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka!|
|Developed by||Gul Khan|
|Written by||Mrinal Jha |
|Screenplay by||Shubham Sharma |
|Story by||Mrinal Jha|
|Directed by||Atif Khan|
|Creative director||Muskan Bajaj|
|Starring||Vikram Singh Chauhan|
|Theme music composer||Tapas Relia|
|Opening theme||Kahaani Humari Fasana Humara|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||218|
|Production locations||Film City, Mumbai|
|Animator||Flying Toads Entertainment Pvt. Ltd|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||20-24 minutes|
|Production company||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||14 October 2019 –|
14 November 2020
Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka! (transl. This magic is of the jinn!)( international title: a magical love story ) is an Indian fantasy drama television series that aired from 14 October 2019 to 14 November 2020 on Star Plus. Produced by Gul Khan and Karishma Jain, it starred Vikram Singh Chauhan and Aditi Sharma.
Aman Junaid Khan and Roshni Ahmed are poles apart, different paths but one destination, but their lives are connected through fate and magic
Aman is a Nawab who is cursed by the Dark shadow of Djinn, while Roshni an entertainer who is the daughter of a Tawaif Roshni has a heart of an angel (Ayaana).Aman's family wants him to marry a girl who has the heart of an angel, they arrange his marriage with a girl named Adaa, whom they mistaken to be a Ayaana because whenever they test her Roshni enters the house making Adaa pass the tests when it is actually Roshni who did. Parveen's (Aman's mother) life falls in danger because of the Jinn's magic and can be protected only if Aman marries an Ayaana thus revealing that Adaa is not a Ayaana( a woman who has the heart of an angel) Salma (Roshni's Mother) pretends to be sick, forcing Roshni to marry Aman for money. Aman misunderstands Roshni to be a woman with ill intentions who will do anything for money. He detests her and gives her a cheque for marrying him. Aman and Roshni marry.
Roshni feels a connection with Aman but is hurt by his rude behaviour towards her owing to the misunderstanding that occurred. Later she falls in love with Aman, but he continues to dislike and insult her. Because of some misconceptions, Aman throws her out of his house and his life. Aman's brother, Kabir Junaid Khan, makes his entry. He tries to kill Aman, but to save Aman, Roshni takes the arrows herself and dies. Aman realises his deep love for Roshni after her death and is left heartbroken and guilty for always misunderstanding her.
Kabir brings Roshni back to life but keeps her under his control, aiming to separate her from Aman. He erases all her memories with Aman. Kabir's hold on Roshni is destroyed when Aman stabs her with a magical dagger. Then Roshni regains her memory. Parveen is revealed to be evil who wants to use her sons to become the queen of jinns. Parveen kills Kabir but cannot kill Aman. Aman unintentionally touches a mighty sword and becomes Jinnat ka Badshah, the new most potent dark world. Aman and Roshni enjoy their life together.
Aliya, Aman's ex-girlfriend, returns with a baby and tries to separate Aman and Roshni. The baby is revealed to be Kabir's, and Aliya is revealed to be a Haiwana. Parveen tries to sacrifice the baby to regain her lost powers, but Aman saves the child with Roshni's help. Roshni tries to expose Aliya but fails. Aliya attacks Parveen resulting in Parveen going into a coma. Aman, believing it is Roshni's fault, asks her to leave the house.
One year later
Roshni opens a bakery while Aman is worried about Parveen's decreased health conditions. Despite their differences, Aman and Roshni again become close. Kabir returns. Aman gets stabbed while saving Roshni and becomes physically and emotionally weak. His genuine feelings for Roshni come out. They consummate their marriage, and Roshni becomes pregnant with twins. Kabir makes Aman and Roshni break the Laal Chand, which annoys the Red Moon Princess, Laila. Laila had a twin sister Chandni who is good. Kabir joins hands with Laila and helps her seek revenge against Aman and Roshni. Chandni helps Aman and Roshni from Laila's evil intentions. Later, Roshni stabs Laila to death. Before dying, Laila curses Roshni that she will die before the next full moon. Aman races against time and succeeds in saving Roshni but temporarily.
The red moon soldier attacks Roshni, and she loses one of her unborn children and Aman. Roshni is heartbroken. However, she fights destiny and brings back Aman. She meets Aman's maternal cousin, Rehan Ahmad Khan, a jinn, to help her in this war. After a failed attempt, she strikes a deal with Kala Jinn to give her firstborn child instead of Aman's life. Roshni hides this from Aman and the family till she finds a solution.
Here Rubina's niece Shayari appears. While Rehan, Aman's maternal cousin, finds trouble being targeted by a Jinn Shikari, unaware that it was his girlfriend, Natasha. He suspected Shayari, who was later revealed to be another Jinn Shikari but not a danger for Rehan. Rehan wanted to find his brother and decided to get engaged with Natasha. He accidentally gets engaged with Shayari, who became furious after this but agreed to help them after Aman requested her. To save her child, Roshni decided to surrogate it to a girl with Tabeezi, But Roshni changes her decision as Kala Jinn threatens her to kill Aman if she breaks her promise. Aman captivates Kala Jinn for their child's safety. Roshni helps Aman do the task but later releases Kala Jinn from captivity to keep her promise. Aman finds this out and tricks Roshni to make her reveal the truth. After learning the truth, Aman was heartbroken. Roshni leaves Junaid Manzil to make him feel better, but he brings Roshni back.
Meanwhile, Rehan takes an arrow on his chest to save Shayari, saving her life from the deadly attack. Later on, Shayari's truth is revealed, and a furious Rehan breaks their engagement.
Ayaana, the ancient warrior princess, comes to help Roshni save her child. She helps them trick Kala Jinn by giving a fake child while Roshni safely delivers her baby in the Ayanaa Corner. After learning this, Kala Jinn imprisoned Roshni and Armaan (Aman and Roshni's baby) in a cave. Aman was successful in saving Roshni and Armaan, but Kala Jinn found out. Aman agreed to Kala Jinn that they would find his actual name to save Armaan. Kala Jinn told them they could find his name after completing the three tasks.
Rehan and Shayari also decide to help the khans and go on a mission to find Kaala jinn's name. Kaala Jinn, to defeat the Khans, sends Aman and Roshni's first child (who was killed by the red moon's arrow) as the third challenge. However, the Khans win over the baby's spirit (lovingly called baby rooh) with their unconditional love for it. After receiving the three clues, Aman and Roshni find the name when Rehan and Shayari discovered that whoever takes Kala Jinn's name dies immediately. Kala Jinn comes to the mansion and asks them to tell them his name. Roshni bursts out his name to save her child, shocking everyone, but her first child's spirit held her. Kala Jinn does not accept failure and challenges them to fight him. It is revealed that Armaan, being the son of Jinnad Ke Badshah and Ayaana, will end Kaala Jinn. Roshni, Aman, Rehan, and Shayari go on a quest to end kaala jinn, and Armaan finally kills the danger that troubled his family for many years. This quest brought Rehan and Shayari closer and reinforced their trust in each other.
Later, after sveral other incidents, it is revealed that Tabeezi (Rubina), was an Ayaana earlier and wants her Angelic-heart back from Roshni and that Natasha was involved with her. It is also revealed that Roshni is Tabeezi's brother, Mansoor Ahmed Choudhary's daughter, and is the original owner of Junaid Manzil and Tabeezi's neice.
Roshni was devastated to learn this and promised to give her heart to Tabeezi but made her promise that she wouldn't hurt her family before The Night of the Golden Sun. But Tabeezi continued trying to hurt her and her family. Meanwhile, Rehan and Shayari try to help the family by searching for the Ilm e Jin book, which would solve their doubts. To get answers, Rehan has to concentrate on his doubts, but all he can concentrate is on Shayari. This makes Rehan realise that he's madly in love with her. On the other hand, Roshni decides not to give her heart to Tabeezi and refuses to keep her promise, making Tabeezi furious.
Roshni again becomes pregnant. On the other hand, Rehan and Shayari are kidnapped and held captive, and Shayari is suffocated. Rehan breaks down on seeing this. Later they manage to remain alive. Rehan is unable to confess his love, but Shayari understands.
On the night of the Golden Sun, she traps the entire Khan family in danger. Rehan and Shayri save them using their powers. Aman and Roshni lose their powers but are protected by Armaan's powers. Finally, with the help of the magical ring given by Roshni's mother's soul to her, they defeat Tabeezi, and she is taken away by two other Ayaanas from Ayaana Kumbh.
While the Khan family celebrates with joy that now all the problems from their lives are gone, they can live happily. Shayari confesses her feelings for Rehan, and they hug each other. Aman asks Roshni where the angelic heart went. Roshni asks him not to think about it as now problems are over, and they can lead a simple and happy life forever. The Angelic-heart is revealed to be with Aman and Roshni's child, who is inside her womb.
- Vikram Singh Chauhan as Aman Junaid Khan; Roshni's husband, Parveen and Junaid's son, Kabir, Sara and Saima's brother, Armaan's father, Farah's half-brother, jinnat kabadshah (king of the jinn) (2019-2020)
- Aditi Sharma as Roshni Ahmed; Aman's wife, Salma Janesar's adopted daughter, Armaan's mother and as Ayaana the saviour alter-ego of Roshni, whose main weapons are shuriken (2019-2020)
- Shehzada Dhami as Rehan Ahmed Khan, Nasreen's son, Aman's maternal cousin, Mahira and Farhan's brother, Shayari's love interest, A Jinn (2020)
- Shruti Sharma as Shayari Choudhary, Roshni's cousin, Rehan's love interest and secretary, A jinn hunter (2020)
- Smita Bansal as Parveen Junaid Khan: Former Sifrati Jinn, Nasreen's sister; Junaid's first wife; Kabir, Aman, Sara and Saima's mother (2019–2020)
- Sushant Singh as Junaid Khan: Anjum's son; Baby's brother; Parveen and Rubina's husband; Kabir, Aman, Sara, Saima and Farah's father (2019–2020)
- Garima Vikrant Singh as Salma Janesaar: A Tawaif; Roshni's adoptive mother (2019–2020)
- Jaswinder Gardner as Rubina Khan "Tabeezi" : Junaid's second wife; Farah's mother; Roshni and Shayari's Aunt. Aman, Sara and Saima's stepmother; Khan family's ex-helper; an ex-Ayaana (2019–2020)
- Arhaan Behll as Kabir Junaid Khan: Sifriti Jinn; later Zehraal; Parveen and Junaid's son; Aman, Sara and Saima's brother; Farah's half-brother; Aliya's husband and Aamir's father (2019–2020)
- Vaibhavi Kapoor as Sara Junaid Khan: Parveen and Junaid's daughter; Kabir, Aman and Saima's sister; Farah's half-sister (2019–2020)
- Gouri Agarwal as Saima Junaid Khan: Parveen and Junaid's daughter; Kabir, Aman, Sara's sister; Farah's half-sister, Aftab's wife (2019–2020)
- Saloni Daini as Farah Junaid Khan: Rubina and Junaid's daughter; Kabir, Aman, Sara and Saima's half-sister (2019–2020)
- Richa Bhattacharya as Anjum Khan: Baby and Junaid's mother; Kabir, Aman, Sara, Saima and Farah's grandmother (2019–2020)
- Seema Azmi as Baby Khan: Anjum's daughter; Junaid's sister; Farah, Kabir, Aman, Sara and Saima's aunt (2019–2020)
- Ayansh Mishra as Mr. Chotu: Soha's son; Khan family's adopted child (2019–2020)
- Aamir S Khan as Imran: Aman, Sara, Saima, and Kabir's cousin (2020)
- Ashita Dhawan as Nasreen Ahmed Khan: Sifrati Jinn; Rehan, Farhan and Mahira's mother; Parveen's sister (2020)
- Prabhat Choudhary as Farhan Ahmed Khan: Nasreen's son, Mahira and Rehan's brother (2020)
- Solanki Sharma as Mahira Ahmed Khan: Nasreen's daughter; Rehan and Farhan's sister (2020)
- Himani Sahani as Natasha: Jinn Shikari; Rehan's evil girlfriend (2020)
- Sanjana Singh as Adaa Rizvi: Aman's former fiancée (2019)
- Massheuddin Qureshi as Mr. Rizvi: Adaa's father (2019)
- Anushka Singh as Mrs. Rizvi: Adaa's mother (2019)
- Rupesh Kataria as Sameer: Roshni's former fiancé (2019)
- Rajshri Rani as Huma: Sameer's wife (2019)
- Sreejita De as Aliya: Haiwana; Aman's ex-girlfriend; Kabir's wife; Aamir's mother (2020)
- Krishvi Bhanushali as Aamir Khan: Aliya and Kabir's son (2020)
- Saloni Chauhan as Raakh Jinn: Kabir's helper (2019)
- Surbhi Jyoti as Laila and Chandni: Red Moon Princess (2020)
- Zubeida Verma as ChunBun Dai: Spider Jinn (2020)
- Pranav Kumar as Jaadugar Jinn: A magician (2020)
- Shefali Mahida as Aman's sword (2020)
- Shraddha Tiwari as Shola Jinn: A dragon (2020)
- Shaurya Shah as Young Aman Junaid Khan: Parveen and Junaid's son (2019; 2020)
The show was launched at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's Pataudi Palace, becoming the first television show to be launched at the Pataudi Palace. It initially was titled as Raaz Mahal but later changed its title to Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka. It was originally planned to be a weekend show. However, it was later aired through weekdays.
Saloni Daini, who played Farah Khan narrated the first few episodes and was the voiceover artist for the promos of the series. This series was originally planned as a finite series and it was supposed to end in February, but a good response from the viewers caused the channel to give the series an extension. In September 2020, the series received further extension till December 2020. Its producer, Gul Khan, cancelled the show's extension in November 2020.
In December 2019, Arhaan Behll joined the cast as Kabir Junaid Khan. In March 2020, Surbhi Jyoti was cast as the Red moon princess Laila/Chandni for few episodes cameo. In June 2020, Shruti Sharma and Shehzada Dhami were cast as Shayari Choudhary and Rehan Ahmed Khan, respectively.
After the shootings of television shows resumed after lockdown in late June 2020, several actors of the show such as - Smita Bansal, Arhaan Behll, Saloni Daini, Aamir Salim Khan and child actor Ayansh Mishra had to exit the show as limited crew and cast members were allowed on shootings as per government guidelines.
The production and airing of the show was halted indefinitely in late March 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak in India. Because of the outbreak, the filming of television series and films was halted on 19 March 2020 and expected to resume on 1 April 2020 but could not and the series was last broadcast on 27 March 2020 when the remaining episodes were aired. The filming of the series resumed after more than three months in early July and the broadcast resumed on 27 July 2020.
After the ratings dropped, post the shootings and broadcasting of television shows resumed in India during July 2020 after COVID-19 lockdown, the producer decided to off-air the show in November 2020 cancelling its extension. The shooting of the series was completed on 7 November 2020 and the last episode was aired on 14 November 2020.
|Hindi||Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka!||14 October 2019 –14 November 2020||Star Plus||Original||218|
|Malayalam||Mohabbhat||25 October 2019 –21 February 2020||Asianet||Dubbed||64|||
|Tamil||Athisaya Piraviyum Arputha Pennum||9 February 2020-Present||Star Vijay
|Kannada||Mayajaala||28 September 2020- 16 December 2020||Star Suvarna||Dubbed||118|||
|Telugu||Jin Mayajalam||3 August 2020-30 April 2020||Star Maa||Dubbed||218|||
|English||A Magical Love Story||Star Life||Dubbed|
Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka was the ninth most watched Hindi GEC in urban in its debut week with 5.16 million impressions in urban.  In week 43 of 2019, it maintained the ninth position with the 5.008 million impressions. The following week, the show jumped to the seventh position in urban with 5.50 million impressions. The show climbed to the sixth position with 5.70 million impressions in the next week. In week 46 of 2019, it occupied the third place in urban charts with 6.57 million impressions. The following week, the show became the fourth most Hindi GEC in urban with 6.48 million impressions. In week 48 of 2019, Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka became the most watched Hindi GEC in urban with 6.82 million impressions. The next week, the show slipped a position in TRP charts with 7.006 million impressions in urban but was still at the top position with an overall TRP of 2.7 The following week, Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka topped the TRP charts again and became the most-watched Hindi GEC in urban with 7.01 million impressions. In Week 51, the show saw a dip in the ratings with 7.17 million impressions, being the third most-watched television show in India. The following week, it maintained the third position in urban with 6.89 million impressions. In the next week, it fell to 6.97 million impressions but was the fourth most watched show.
Post lockdown, when the broadcast resumed the TRP of the show saw heavy downfall.
After its success in India, Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka topped UK ratings for the first time in consolidated weekly data, according to numbers for week ending Sunday 1 December 2019. 127,400 viewers watched the show in UK.
|Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka|
Original Sound Track
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||29 November 2019|
Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka 's soundtrack is written by Divy Nidhi Sharma and composed by Sanjeev Srivastava. "Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara", the show's theme song is sung by Pamela Jain and Bhaven Dhanak.
|1.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Male)||Bhaven Dhanak||5:03|
|2.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Female)||Pamela Jain||5:03|
|3.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Duet)||Bhaven Dhanak|
|4.||"Kahani Hamari Fasana Hamara" (Sad Version)||Bhaven Dhanak|
- "Kulfi Kumar Bajewala's time slot to change due to low TRPs; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka to replace the show". Times Of India.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan to play the lead in Gul Khan's 'Yeh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka: Show launched at Pataudi Palace". Abp Live.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka becomes first-ever television show launched at Pataudi Palace". Box Office India. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan to play the lead in Gul Khan's 'Raaz mahal'". Times of India.
- "Gul Khan's Raaz Mahal likely to go on-air in July on Star Plus". Eastern Eye. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- "Saloni Daini aka Gangu Bai to make her comeback on the small screen; turns narrator for Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka'". Times Of India.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka: Vikram Chuahan And Aditi Sharma's Show Extended". Republic World.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka gets extension till December". ABP News.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Coming Soon on Star Plus". Retrieved 14 December 2019 – via YouTube.
- "Aditi Sharma on her small screen comeback, Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka, comparison with Hema Malini & more". Times Now News.
- "Raaz Mahal: NOT 'Ishqbaaaz' Actor Leenesh Mattoo But Vikram Singh Chauhan To Play LEAD In Gul Khan's Show?". Abp Live.
- "Arhaan Behll to be seen in a new show now". Abp Live. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "First look of Surbhi Jyoti as the moon princess in 'Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka'; in pics". Times Of India. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Television Industry in a Slump With the Lockdown". The Quint.
- "Coronavirus outbreak: Film and television shootings to stop till March 31". India Today.
- "COVID-19 impact: TV industry braces for loss as production stalled". Live Mint.
- "Entertainment industry welcomes Maharashtra govt's move to resume filming projects". Outlook India.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan is back to work". The Tribune.
- "Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka: Vikram Singh Chauhan and Aditi Sharma are excited for fresh episodes to air". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka to go off air in November". The Times of India.
- "Vikram Singh Chauhan & Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka cast wrap the show, shares party pictures". Republic World.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Malayalam Dubbed Version- Mohabath". Kearalatv.in.
- "Dubbed Tamil show 'Athisaya Piraviyum Arputha Pennum' to premiere next week". Times Of India. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Dubbed show Yeh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka will premiere on television". The Times of India.
- "Siri Siri Muvvalu to go off-air soon; actress Marina Abraham shares a thanks note". The Times of India.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Returns To No 1 Spot; Indian Idol At 5th Place". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "TRP Report Week 43: Choti Sardarni becomes the No.1 show in the country; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka also fares well". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sarrdaarni Slips To 2nd Spot; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Witnesses Jump". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah At 2nd Spot; Choti Sarrdaarni Witnesses Drop". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "TRP Report: Kundali Bhagya is still unbeatable at number one spot; Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka enters top 5". PINKVILLA. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Bigg Boss 13 Out, Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum Enters; Choti Sarrdaarni At 2nd Spot". FilmyBeat. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- Baddhan, Raj (5 December 2019). "India Ratings: 'Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka' keeps Star Plus on top in Urban region". BizAsia. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka beats top TV shows Kundali Bhagya and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Times Of India. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Most watched Indian television shows: Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka tops TRP chart". Indian Express.
- "Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka makes it to the top of the TRP charts, dethrones Kundali Bhagya from the first place". Times Now News. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "TRP Report Week 49: Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka becomes the No.1 show; Bigg Boss 13 in top five". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Bigg Boss 13 gets the 10th spot on the TRP list; Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka becomes the most watched show". Times Of India. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "TRP Report week 50: Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka once again gets the top spot while Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai sees a downfall". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 22 December 2019.
- "TRP Report Week 51: Naagin 4 opens at the top spot; Yeh Jaadu Hai Jin Ka is on the second position". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- "Latest Hindi Serials 2020 BARC TRP Ratings: Naagin 4 witnesses a bumper opening". The Live Mirror. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "BARC Report Week 53: Kundali Bhagya & Mahima Shanidev Ki Retain The Top Spot". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- Baddhan, Lakh. "UK Ratings: 'Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka' shoots to No.1 for first time". BizAsia. Retrieved 13 December 2019.