"Yehoshua" יהושע was also the Hebrew name for Joshua and has been used as a masculine given name. A common alternative form of the name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ ("Yehoshuah" - Joshua) in later books of the Hebrew Bible and among Jews of the Second Temple period is ישוע yēšūă‘.
This surname is shared by several notable people:
- A. B. Yehoshua (born 1936), Israeli novelist, essayist, and playwright
- Itzhak Yehoshua (born 1962), Chief Rabbi of the Bukharian Jews in the United States
- A Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament Francis Brown, with S.R. Driver and C.A. Briggs, based on the lexicon of William Gesenius. Oxford: Clarendon Press. p. 221 & 446
- Blue Letter Bible. "Dictionary and Word Search for Yĕhowshuwa` (Strong's 03091)". Blue Letter Bible. 1996-2008. 16 Feb 2008. http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?strongs=H3091
- Surnames [Last Names] Starting With "Y" in the United States
|This page lists people with the surname Yehoshua. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|