Yelamanchili Railway Station
|• Total||39.00 km2 (15.06 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||700/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Yelamanchilii was once called as ella - majili, which is the border village of Kalinga and Andhra empires. This place was used for the collection of taxes as it is on the border of these areas.
Many Historical and archaeological evidences were found in the surroundings of Yelamanchili dating back the history of this town to the times of Early Buddhism in India, Jainism and Medieval Hinduism. The Kotturu Dhanadibbalu Buddhist and Dharapalem Hindu sites respectively are near this town. This particular area of Yelamanchili was once under the rule of Andhra-Sathavahanas. Some Pre-historic findings were excavated from the surroundings of Panchadharla, Dharapalem and Yelamanchili surrounding Hills of Eastern Ghats. Research work is under progress on these excavations,and recently found lord venkateswara swamy statue.
The village of Sarvasiddhi (10 km from Yelamanchili) was constructed by Eastern Chalukyas King Kubja Vishnuvardhan during 615 CE. Vishnuvardhana ruled over a kingdom extending from Nellore to Visakhapatnam. He assumed the title of Vishamasiddhi (conqueror of difficulties). Vishnuvardhana participated in the wars between his brother Putekesin II and the Pallava Narasimhavarma I and probably lost his life in battle in 641 CE. This area was under the Eastern Chalukyas. Yelamanchili was under the rule of Eastern Chalukyas as some edicts were found by the name of Vijayaditya VII (1063 – 1068 C.E., 1072 – 1075 C.E.) at Yelamanchili.
As of Census 2011 the town has population of 27,265 of which 13,365 are males and 13,900 are females. Average Sex Ratio is of 1040 against state average of 993. Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 2587 which is 9.49% of total population of Yelamanchili. Child Sex Ratio in the town is around 926 compared to Andhra Pradesh state average of 939. Literacy rate of Yelamanchili town is 77.14% higher than state average of 67.02%.
Yelamanchil is well-connected by rail and road. Yelamanchili has a railway station. Most express trains do halt at this station. Buses are available from all parts of area in the state.
- 1951-1954 - N/A
- 1955-1962 - Venkata Surya Narayana Raju Chintalapati
- 1962-1967 - Veesam Sanyasi Naidu
- 1966-1972 - Satyanarayana Nagireddi
- 1972-1978 - Kumara Venkata Satya Narayana Raju Kakarlapudi (K K Raju)
- 1978-1983 - Veesam Sanyasi Naidu
- 1983-1985 - Kumara Venkata Satya Narayana Raju Kakarlapudi (K K Raju)
- 1985-2004 - Chalapathi Rao Pappala
- 2004-2014 - Kanna Babu Uppalapati
- 2014–Present - Panchakarla Ramesh Babu
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Mandal wise list of villages in Visakhapatnam district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Yelamachili Census 2011".
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.