|in the Pantanal, Brazil|
It occurs in Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Uruguay, and northern Argentina and has been introduced on the island of Hawai'i. It breeds in moist shrubland. The yellow-billed cardinal could be easily confused with the red-crested cardinal. The yellow-billed cardinal does not have a crest.
- Media related to Paroaria capitata at Wikimedia Commons
- Yellow-billed cardinal videos, photos & sounds on the Internet Bird Collection
- Entry in www.birdinghawaii.co.uk
- Stamps (for Brazil, Paraguay) with range map
- Yellow-billed cardinal photo gallery VIREO Photo
|This article about a tanager is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|