|A yellow-breasted warbler (above) and a yellow-bellied warbler|
The yellow-breasted warbler (Phylloscopus montis) is a species of Old World warbler in the Phylloscopidae family. It is found in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Palawan Island in the Philippines. The species is most common on the islands of Sumatra and Borneo in Indonesia. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
The species nests in mid-February and breeds Feb-April. It builds domed nests with a side entrance out of grasses and bryophytes. Nests are found among roots under the overhanging lip of an eroded bank or other similar place. It forages for food alone or with small parties of not more than five birds.
The yellow-breasted warbler was previously placed in the genus Seicercus. A molecular phylogenetic study published in 2018 found that neither Phylloscopus nor Seicercus were monophyletic. In the subsequent reorganization the two genera were merged into Phylloscopus which has priority under the rules of the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature.
The yellow-breasted warbler has a large range and a steady population size. From the perspective of conservation biology, this species is classified as one of least concern, meaning it does not appear to be threatened or vulnerable to extinction at the present time.
- BirdLife International (2016). "Phylloscopus montis". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- Wells, David R. (2010). The Birds of the Thai-Malay Peninsula. London: Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 9781408133132.
- Alström, P.; et al. (2018). "Complete species-level phylogeny of the leaf warbler (Aves: Phylloscopidae) radiation". Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 126: 141–152. doi:10.1016/j.ympev.2018.03.031.
- Gill, Frank; Donsker, David, eds. (2018). "Bushtits, leaf warblers, reed warblers". World Bird List Version 8.2. International Ornithologists' Union. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "Species Factsheet for Yellow-Breasted Warbler". Birdlife. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
|This Phylloscopidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|