Yellow Bird Project
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2011)|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Worldwide and beyond|
|Founders: Casey Cohen, Matthew Stotland|
Yellow Bird Project (often abbreviated YBP) is a Montreal-based company that collaborates with indie bands to raise money for various charities. They approach indie bands, asking them to choose a charity and contribute an original t-shirt design. Their designs are then printed onto t-shirts and sold online through their website  to raise money for charities, each selected by bands. Some of the bands which they have collaborated with include Bloc Party, Broken Social Scene, Devendra Banhart and Of Montreal.
In 2009, Yellow Bird Project published The Indie Rock Coloring Book, an illustrated tribute to indie rock bands, with a foreword written by Pierre de Reeder of Rilo Kiley. They followed that up in 2011 with The Indie Rock Poster Book. Both books (published by Chronicle Books) are intended to raise awareness for their initiative, its contributing musicians, and the charities which they support.
In December 2013, YBP released a 7" Christmas album, "Wishing for a Christmas Miracle with the Micah P. Hinson Family". The record includes covers of "Silent Night" and "Please Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)", a song originally recorded by John Denver for his 1973 album Farewell Andromeda. All profits will benefit a children's home in Keller, Texas.
On April 14, 2015, YBP released a covers compilation, titled: Good People Rock. The album features 10 exclusive recordings of YBP bands covering other YBP bands, featuring Andrew Bird, Elvis Perkins, Hayden and others. The album was released by Madic Records, a label founded by Dan Mangan as a subsidiary imprint of Arts & Crafts Productions. It's available in vinyl and digital formats.
Kristian Matsson, who performs under the moniker of The Tallest Man On Earth, wrote and recorded an original theme song for the Yellow Bird Project. The song, "A Field Of Birds", is included as a digital bonus track on the Good People Rock compilation.
- "Charity T-Shirts: Bon Iver, The National, Of Montreal, Rilo Kiley, Bloc Party, The Shins". Yellow Bird Project. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Riley, Jack (2009-01-07). "Yellow Bird Project: Harnessing indie power to help those in need". The Independent. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- [dead link]
- Hollands, Courtney (2009-11-10). "Color Me In". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- [dead link]
- Murray, Robin (2013-11-11). "Exclusive: Micah P. Hinson Christmas Project". Clash Music. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- Hudson, Alex (2015-05-03). "Yellow Bird Project Gets Andrew Bird, Hayden, Tallest Man on Earth for Covers Comp". Exclaim.ca. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- Walker, Tim (2011-06-03). "Yellow Bird Project: Walls of sound". The Independent. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- "Theme Song". Yellow Bird Project. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Mike Devlin (2014-08-09). "Film to tell singer's life story - Entertainment". Times Colonist. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Fiona, Morrow (2013-04-07). "New Pornographer's Kathryn Calder Films Doc About Her Mom Dying of ALS". The Huffington Post B.C. Retrieved 2013-07-17.