Yellow Claw (DJs)
Yellow Claw at the Spring Awakening in 2015
Yellow Claw is a DJ and record production duo from Amsterdam, Netherlands. The group consists of Jim Aasgier (Jim Taihuttu) and Nizzle (Nils Rondhuis). Their music is a mix of wide range of genres and often incorporates elements from trap, hip hop, dubstep, hardstyle and moombahton.
Yellow Claw first gained popularity in the middle of 2010, after founding and hosting a night party at one of Amsterdam's most famous night clubs, the Jimmy Woo. During 2012 and 2013, they released a number of successful singles, which charted on the Dutch and Belgian national charts: "Krokobil", "Nooit Meer Slapen", "Thunder" and "Last Night Ever". The music videos for the singles became viral, each gaining over four million views on YouTube. During that time, Yellow Claw performed at many Dutch festivals, such as DirtyDutch Festival, Sneakerz Festival, Latin Village Festival and Solar Festival.
In 2013, Yellow Claw signed to Diplo's label Mad Decent. On 7 March 2013, they released their first international EP Amsterdam Trap Music. In June, they performed at Diplo and Friends on BBC Radio 1, and in July – at the 2013 Tomorrowland Festival. On 26 September 2013, they put out their second EP, titled Amsterdam Twerk Music.
On 1 November 2013, after signing to Spinnin' Records, the group released their first international single "Shotgun", featuring vocals from Dutch singer Rochelle. The single peaked at number 10 in the Netherlands and number 20 in Belgium. On 8 November 2013, Yellow Claw released a collaboration single with Flosstradamus, titled "Pillz", under Fool's Gold Records and Ultra Music.
In 2015, Yellow Claw released their debut studio album, Blood for Mercy. The album's lead single, "In My Room" features American record producer DJ Mustard and American rappers Ty Dolla Sign and Tyga.
On 22 June 2016, Yellow Claw announced on their official Facebook page that MC Bizzey decided to leave the group since he became a father. EDC Las Vegas 2016 was their last show as a trio.
- Jim Aasgier (real name Jim Taihuttu), born 6 July 1981 – DJ and record producer
- Nizzle (real name Nils Rondhuis), born 6 September 1987 – DJ and record producer
In May 2014, Yellow Claw inaugurated their own label, called Barong Family, which is distributed by Spinnin' Records. The first signed artist was fellow Amsterdam group Mightyfools, and the first official release was the song "Lick Dat" on 2 June 2014. The second single, Yung Felix's "Money Grabber" was released on 25 August 2014. The label has since released an EP by Wiwek, as well as a single by Coone. In 2015, Barong Family separated from Spinnin' Records continuing as an independent music label.
- Blood for Mercy (2015)
- Los Amsterdam (2017)
- "Yellow Claw". Mad Decent. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Yellow Claw". PartyFolk.nl. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Yellow Claw". Tomorrowland Festival. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Discografie Yellow Claw". dutchcharts.nl. Dutch Charts. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Discografie Yellow Claw". ultratop.be. Ultratop. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Yellow Claw TV". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team and Yellow Claw". BBC. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Shotgun (feat. Rochelle) - Single". iTunes. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Pillz (feat. Green Velvet) - Single". iTunes. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Jim Aasgier". PartyFlock. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Nizzle". PartyFlock. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Yellow Claw inaugurates Barong Family label alongside Mightyfools". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Barong Family". Barong Family via Soundcloud. Retrieved 30 July 2014.