Yellow musk creeper
|Yellow musk creeper|
|Yellow musk zombie|
The yellow musk creeper and the yellow musk zombie first appeared in first edition in the adventure module Dwellers of the Forbidden City (1981). The yellow musk creeper and the yellow musk zombie appeared in the original first edition Fiend Folio (1981).
The yellow musk creeper and the yellow musk zombie appeared in second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (1989), and appeared under the "plant, dangerous" heading in the Monstrous Manual (1993).
A yellow musk creeper is a large plant that sprays its pollen to entrance living creatures, and then bores its tendrils into their brains to implant its seeds. Creatures killed in such a manner become what are known as yellow musk zombies, which serve the plant as guardians until they move off to find a new place to become a new yellow musk creeper.
- Cook, David. Dwellers of the Forbidden City (TSR, 1981)
- Turnbull, Don, ed. Fiend Folio (TSR, 1981)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Cagle, Eric, Jesse Decker, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, Matt Sernett, Chris Thomasson, and James Wyatt. Fiend Folio (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Greene, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 282–283. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)