Yellow rice is usually made by mixing white rice and onions while annatto, saffron or turmeric is used to give the yellow color. South African yellow rice, with its origins in Cape Malay cuisine, is traditionally made with raisins, sugar, and cinammon, making a very sweet rice dish served as an accompaniment to savoury dishes and curries.
- Golden rice – A genetically modified variety of Oryza sativa rice that is golden-colored
- List of rice dishes
- Food portal
- Arroz Amarillo con Achiote (Yellow Rice) by DK December 11, 2009 Chef in You
- "Yellow Rice". Bon Appétit (web page hosted on Epicurious). September 2005. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Yellow Rice". Retrieved 23 Sep 2017.
- "South African Yellow Rice". Retrieved 23 Sep 2017.
- Rivera, Oswald (2002). Puerto Rican Cuisine in America: Nuyorican and Bodega Recipes. Running Press. pp. 185–186. ISBN 1568582447.
- Cuban Foods - Retro -. 2008.