Yellowstone Regional Airport
|Yellowstone Regional Airport|
|IATA: COD – ICAO: KCOD – FAA LID: COD|
|Owner||City of Cody|
|Elevation AMSL||5,102 ft / 1,555 m|
Yellowstone Regional Airport (IATA: COD, ICAO: KCOD, FAA LID: COD) is a public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) southeast of the central business district of Cody, a city in Park County, Wyoming, United States. It is the only commercial airport in Park County. It is in northwestern Wyoming, about 53 miles from the east entrance of Yellowstone National Park.
The airport is owned by the city of Cody and is operated by the Yellowstone Regional Airport Joint Powers Board. This board was established in 1981 and is made up of 7 members appointed the Cody City Council and the Park County Commission. The daily operations of the airport are overseen by an Airport Manager, who is appointed by the board.
Facilities and aircraft
Yellowstone Regional Airport covers an area of 694 acres (281 ha) at an elevation of 5,102 feet (1,555 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 8,268 by 100 feet (2,520 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 37,490 aircraft operations, an average of 102 per day: 83% general aviation, 17% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 68 aircraft based at this airport: 82% single-engine, 6% multi-engine, 7% jet, 3% helicopter, and 2% glider.
A new $12.5 million airport terminal recently opened in December 2010. 95% of the cost for the new terminal is paid with an FAA grant, 3% is coming from the Wyoming State Aeronautics Division and the remaining 2% comes from the airport itself.
Choice Aviation and Spirit Mountain Aviation, the airport's fixed-base operators (FBOs), offer fuel, flight instruction, aircraft/hangar rental, and other services.
Airlines and destinations
|Delta Connection||Salt Lake City|
|1||Denver, Colorado||19,100||United Express|
|2||Salt Lake City, Utah||13,630||Delta Connection|
|3||Chicago–O'Hare, Illinois||520||United Express|
Yellowstone Regional Airport offers free Wi-Fi Internet service in its terminal. In addition, food and beverage service is available at a restaurant at the airport.
- FAA Airport Master Record for COD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective July 29, 2010.
- Yellowstone Regional Airport New Terminal Building
- YRA New Terminal
- Passenger Terminal Today
- Yellowstone Regional Airport Joint Powers Board
- YRA New Terminal Funding Sources
- "Cody, WY: Yellowstone Regional (COD)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. February 2016. Retrieved February 2016. Check date values in:
- Yellowstone Regional Airport
- Aerial image as of August 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for COD, effective August 18, 2016
- Resources for this airport: