This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tejeda at the 2018 FIFA World Cup
|Full name||Yeltsin Ignacio Tejeda Valverde|
|Date of birth||17 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Limón, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2008–2009||Costa Rica U17||9||(0)|
|2010–2011||Costa Rica U20||13||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 March 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22 June 2018
Tejeda was selected in Costa Rica's squad for the 2009 CONCACAF U-17 Championship and he was named in the 2011 CONCACAF U-20 Championship. He played for his country at the 2009 FIFA U-17 and 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cups.
He officially debuted in the senior Costa Rica national football team on 11 December 2011 in a friendly match against Cuba, in Havana and has, as of November 2014, earned a total of 30 caps, scoring no goals. Tejeda was a key part during Costa Rica's successful qualification to the 2014 FIFA World Cup and during the finals tournament. He also played at the 2013 Copa Centroamericana and 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- As of 22 June 2018
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- Nesyn, Evgeny (1 June 2014). На чемпионат мира по футболу в Бразилию поедет Ельцин. KP.RU (in Russian). Komsomolskaya Pravda. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Tejeda sengage pour 4 ans". Evian Thonon Gaillard. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Bordeaux beat Evian to climb top of Ligue 1". ESPN.com. 19 September 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- Yeltsin Tejeda – FIFA competition record
- "Yeltsin Tejeda". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yeltsin Tejeda.|
|This biographical article related to Costa Rican Association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|