Yemelyanovo International Airport
|Yemelyanovo International Airport
|IATA: KJA – ICAO: UNKL|
|Elevation AMSL||942 ft / 287 m|
Source: Yemelyanovo Airport
Yemelyanovo International Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Емельяново) (IATA: KJA, ICAO: UNKL) is a major airport in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia located 27 km northwest of Krasnoyarsk. It opened for operations in 1980. Presently,[when?] the airport handles scheduled passenger and cargo flights by over 40 Russian and overseas carriers. The runway condition, the airport facilities and the technology of aircraft handling allows the airport to service more than 50 types of passenger and freighter aircraft, up to and including the Boeing 747 and Antonov 124. The airport’s capacity is 12 aircraft movements per hour. In 2011, the airport handled over 1.6 million passengers, a 28% increase over 2010. As of May 2015[update], the airport was the 13th biggest one in Russia in the terms of passenger traffic.
At present, the airport provides a full array of passenger handling services in all three terminals, including VIP services, a business lounge, baby/parent room, ATMs, shops, cafés, bars, a drugstore and a post office.
In November 2007, it was announced that Lufthansa Cargo might switch its Asian refueling and distribution point from Astana, Kazakhstan to Yemelyanovo Airport, because Russia would no longer permit Lufthansa the use of its air space for their Europe to Asia flights unless they could sell fuel. In July 2008 Lufthansa stated that it would move its cargo logistics hub from Astana to Yemelyanovo once the airport was brought up to ICAO safety standards. The cargo terminal of Lufthansa Cargo in Yemelyanovo airport is its second largest one after Frankfurt.
The construction of the airport located some 27 km from Krasnoyarsk started in 1970. In 2005, the airport launched Terminal 2 for handling transit and international passengers. By 2006, the old runway coating had been replaced by asphalt-concrete layer with reinforced polymeric netting. In 2008, the modern Arrivals Terminal with the capacity of 750 passengers per hour was opened. Also in 2008, the airport's lighting facilities were reconstructed and the new hi-intensity lighting system was installed: the centerline lights and the touchdown zone lights.
Airlines and destinations
- Yemelyanovo International Airport - 2011 Statistics
- Yemelyanovo International Airport - About/General Information
- Montag-Girmes, Polina (1 May 2015). "Russia’s Krasnoyarsk region to sell airport". Air Transport World. Archived from the original on 8 May 2015.
- "Full flight list of Pegasus Asia".
- "Авиарейсы из Иркутска в Красноярск и Мирный запустят с 5 января". IrkutskMedia.ru. PrimaMedia. 28 December 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Сургут: новое направление из Томска и Красноярска". Katekavia. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Тимофеева, Анна (1 July 2013). "Из Красноярска запустили прямой авиарейс до хакасских озер". "Российская газета". Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- L, J (5 June 2013). "NordStar Adds 3 Routes from Krasnoyarsk in June 2013". Routesonline / Routes. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Авиакомпания NordStar начнет с 1 мая летать из Красноярска в Ереван РИА Новости". RIA Novosti. 28 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yemelyanovo International Airport.|
- Krasnoyarsk Airport at Russian Airports Database
- Historical Weather Records for Krasnoyarsk
- Airport information for UNKL at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for UNKL at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for UNKL at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for KJA at Aviation Safety Network