Mantralayam is near to Yemmiganur
|• Type||Municipal Council - Municipal Chairman|
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|• MLA||B.V.Jayanageswara Reddy (Telugu Desam Party)|
|• Total||14.53 km2 (5.61 sq mi)|
|Elevation||378 m (1,240 ft)|
|• Rank||42nd in AP|
|• Density||6,500/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu (Official) Kannada Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Yemmiganur is one of the major towns in the Kurnool district. It was part of the Vijayanagar from the 14th century to the 16th century. From 1953 to 1956 it was an Andhra state, now in part of Andhra Pradesh. In 1965 the Panchayat of Yemiganur was upgraded to a Municipality. Now it is a Grade -I Municipality. It is a city at present. The current MLA is B.V. Jaya Nageshwar Reddy (TDP Party).
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 95,149. The total population constitute, 47,456 males, 47,693 females and 12,177 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 62.98% with 52,254 literates, significantly lower than the national average of 73.00%.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Elevation for Pedakurapadu". Veloroutes. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.