Mantralayam near to Yemmiganur
|• Type||Nagar Palika|
|• Body||Yemmiganur Municipality|
|• MLA||K. Chennakesava Reddy (YSRCP)|
|• Total||14.50 km2 (5.60 sq mi)|
|• Rank||42nd in AP|
|• Density||6,600/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Yemmiganur is one of the major towns in the Kurnool district. It was part of the Vijayanagar from the 14th century to the 16th century. From 1953 to 1956 it was an Andhra state, now in part of Andhra Pradesh. In 1965 the Panchayat of Yemiganur was upgraded to a Municipality. Now it is a Grade -I Municipality. It is a city at present. The current MLA is K . Chennakesava Reddy (YSRCP).
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 95,149. The total population constitute, 47,456 males, 47,693 females and 12,177 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 62.98% with 52,254 literates, significantly lower than the national average of 73.00%.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
St.John's College of Engineering and Pharmaceutical sciences is situated in yerrakota near Yemmiganur.￼
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "District Census Handbook – Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. pp. 12, 44. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.