|• Mayor||İlyas Kara (AKP)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||0332 676|
Yeniceoba is a municipality in the province of Konya in Turkey. It is located in the district Cihanbeyli. The highway distance from Yeniceoba to Konya is 130 km. During the summer the population increases to approximately 15,000 people when thousands of people traveling from Europe to Yeniceoba to spend their holidays with their families there. Most of diaspora from the municipality live in Denmark and Sweden. The population of the municipality is 6872 as of 2012 About 5000 people emigrated from Yeniceoba to Denmark. The municipality is populated by Kurds. The leader of the Rights and Freedoms Party (HAK-PAR), Fehmi Demir, was born in Yeniceoba. Demir killed in a traffic accident while travelling on a motorway through Tarsus in Mersin Province on 25 October 2015.
- "Türkiye istatistik Kurumu; Adrese Dayalı Nüfus Kayıt Sistemi, Nüfus Sayımı Sonuçları" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Nicolaisen, Johannes (1973). Folk dansk etnografisk tidsskrift, 14 - 17. Dansk etnografisk forening.
- Migration, 1-4 (in English and German). Express, Berliner Institut für Vergleichende Sozialforschung, Europäisches Migrationszentrum. 1987. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Yeniceoba - Index Anatolicus". nisanyanmap (in Turkish). Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Twin Towns". Retrieved 3 February 2015.[dead link]
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Yeniceoba, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-23.
|This geographical article about a location in Konya Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|