|• Mayor||Zafer Savcı|
|• Kaymakam||Ünal Kılıçarslan|
|• District||193.17 km2 (74.58 sq mi)|
|• District density||69/km2 (180/sq mi)|
Yenipazar itself is a quiet rural town of 6,423 people providing high schools and other facilities to the surrounding district, although in the last two decades the population has declined as people move to Turkey's larger cities for higher education and careers. The local cuisine includes a delicious flat-bread pizza called pide. Adnan Menderes University has a school here offering diplomas in banking and finance, and the student population has brought Yenipazar more bars and other social amenities than you would expect from a town of this size.
year - town - district as a whole
2010 6,423 13,325
2000 7,006 15,492
1990 8,078 17,630
Places of interest
- The house of prominent local Turkish War of Independence resistance leder Yörük Ali Efe is now a museum to his life and career.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- District governor's official website
- local information (in Turkish)
- Yenipazar hunting club photo album
|This geographical article about a location in Aydın Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|