Yeon Building in 2012
Location in Portland
|Location||522 SW 5th Avenue
|Management||Urban Renaissance Group|
|Roof||59.13 m (194.0 ft)|
|Floor area||9,569 m2 (103,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Reid & Reid|
|Main contractor||Thompson Starrett, WS Dinwiddie|
Portland Historic Landmark
|Architectural style||Chicago school, modernist|
|NRHP Reference #||93001497|
|Added to NRHP||January 21, 1994|
The Yeon Building is a historic 59.13 m (194.0 ft), 15-story office building completed in 1911 in downtown Portland, Oregon. Almost completely clad in glazed terra-cotta, and culminating in a colonnade on the top floors, the Yeon Building once was illuminated at night by light sockets built into the cornices, but later removed. The building's namesake is Jean Baptiste Yeon (1865–1928), a self-made timber tycoon who financed the construction. At the time of completion, the Yeon Building was the tallest building in Oregon and it remained so for nearly two years.
In 1994, the Yeon Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The building was repossessed by First Independent Bank in 2010 from Fountain Village Development and re-sold in March 2011 for $8.9 million. The 126,170-square-foot (11,722 m2) was purchased at that time by RGOF Yeon Building LLC.
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Southwest Portland, Oregon
- Portland Historic Landmarks Commission (July 2010), Historic Landmarks -- Portland, Oregon (XLS), retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Oregon National Register List" (PDF). Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. June 6, 2011. p. 42. Retrieved May 21, 2014.
- Yeon Building at Emporis
- "Yeon Building". SkyscraperPage.
- King, Bart (2001). An Architectural Guidebook to Portland. Corvallis: Gibbs Smith. p. 20. OCLC 628034633.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. January 23, 2007. Retrieved October 18, 2010.
- Culverwell, Wendy (March 18, 2011). "Downtown Portland's Yeon Building sells". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
Media related to Yeon Building at Wikimedia Commons