Henry Richard Yeoville Yardley Thomason (17 July 1826 – 19 July 1901) was an architect in Birmingham, England. He was born in Edinburgh to a Birmingham family. Thomason set up his own practice in Birmingham 1853–54.
He was a pupil of Charles Edge, and after qualifying as an architect he worked for the borough surveyor. He designed the Council House after winning a competition.
As architect to Birmingham, Dudley and District Banking Company he designed several bank buildings in the area.
He retired in 1896. He died in 1901 and is buried in Kensal Green Cemetery.
He designed, amongst others:
- In Birmingham:
- The Council House and its immediate extension, the original Art Gallery, 1874–85, Grade II* listed
- Singers Hill Synagogue, 1856, Grade II* listed
- Great Hampton Works, 80–82 Great Hampton Street, Hockley, c 1880, Grade II* listed
- Union Club, 85–89 Colmore Row, on the corner with Newhall Street, now called Bamford's Trust House, 1870, Grade II listed
- Birmingham Banking Company, Bennetts Hill, Birmingham. Designed new entrance in 1868. Became Midland Bank. Grade II listed
- 38 Benetts Hill, 1868–70, Grade II listed
- Highcroft Hospital, Main Building, Highcroft Road, Erdington (former Aston Union Workhouse). 1869, Grade II listed
- Birmingham Town and District Bank, 63 Colmore Row, Birmingham. (1867–69) Head Office later to become part of Barclays Bank, facade later remodelled by Peacock and Bewlay.
- Lewis's department store, Corporation Street, 1886, (demolished 1929 and replaced by a seven storey building), Birmingham's first iron and concrete building
- Acocks Green Chapel, Warwick Green, Acocks Green, 1860 (closed in 1956).
- St Asaph's Church, Birmingham 1868 (demolished 1961)
- St John the Baptist's church, Harborne (destroyed by enemy action, 1941)
- "Yeoville Thomason (1826-1901)". The Victoria Web. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- Historic England. "Council House (217695)". Images of England.
- Historic England. "Singers Hill Synagogue (216781)". Images of England.
- Historic England. "Great Hampton Works (217158)". Images of England.
- Historic England. "Union Club (216985)". Images of England.
- Birmingham, Douglas Hickman, 1970 Studio Vista. p25
- Historic England. "Birmingham Banking Company (216772)". Images of England.
- Historic England. "38 Benetts Hill (216774)". Images of England.
- Historic England. "Highcroft Hospital (471803)". Images of England.
- Historic England. "Highcroft Hospital front entrance (471804)". Images of England.
- Birmingham, Douglas Hickman, 1970 Studio Vista. p35
- Birmingham Buildings, The Architectural Story of a Midland City, Bryan Little, 1971, ISBN 0-7153-5295-4
- The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, Nikolaus Pevsner, 1968 Penguin. p81