This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2016)
The Yeran (Chinese: 野人; pinyin: yěrén; literally: "wild-man"), variously referred to as the Yiren, Yeh Ren, Chinese Wildman (Chinese: 神农架野人; pinyin: Shénnóngjiàyěrén; literally: "The Wildman of Shennongjia") or Man-Monkey (Chinese: 人熊; pinyin: Ren Xiong; literally: "Man Bear"), is a legendary creature said to reside in the remote mountainous forested regions of western Hubei.
In popular culture
- Wildman of China is Monster in My Pocket #119.
- The Chinese Wild Man shows up in John Carpenter's film Big Trouble in Little China.
- Yerens appear as monsters in the Iron Lore Entertainment video game Titan Quest. They can be found in Act III (Orient mission) of the game.
- Syfy's show Destination Truth searched for the Yeren in episode 12 of season 3.
- Animal Planet's show Finding Bigfoot searched for the Yeren in episode 5 of season 4 "Kung Fu Bigfoot".
- Zhou, Guoxing. "FIFTY YEARS OF TRACKING THE CHINESE WILDMAN" (PDF). Idaho State University. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- Frank Dikötter (1997). The Construction of Racial Identities in China and Japan: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives. C. Hurst & Co. Publishers. pp. 30–31. ISBN 1-85065-287-2.
- Wren, Christopher (June 5, 1984). "ON THE TRAIL OF THE 'WILD MAN' OF CHINA". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- MacIsaac, Tara (June 17, 2015). "Wildman, China's Version of Bigfoot: Sightings, Scientific Tests, Theories". Epoch Times. Retrieved 23 July 2018.