Yerington Paiute Tribe of the Yerington Colony and Campbell Ranch
Wilson Canyon near Yerington, Nevada
|1,200 enrolled members|
|Regions with significant populations|
|United States ( Nevada)|
|Northern Paiute language, English|
|Native American Church, Sun Dance, traditional tribal religion, Christianity|
|Related ethnic groups|
|other Northern Paiute people|
The Yerington Paiute Tribe has a reservation, the Yerington Reservation and Trust Lands, in Lyon County, Nevada. The reservation was established in 1916 and 1936 and is 1,653 acres (6.69 km2) large. In 1990, 354 tribal members lived on the reservation. The tribe had 659 enrolled members in 1992. The larger Campbell Ranch section is located at north of Yerington, while the smaller Yerington Colony section is located at , within the city limits of Yerington.
- Tribal Chairperson: Linda Howard
- Vice Chairperson: LaVerne Roberts
- Secretary of Record: Shelley Pugh
- Council Member: Delmar Stevens
- Council Member: Elwood Emm
- Council Member: Eleanor Smith
- Council Member: Glen Roberts Jr.
- Council Member: Eleanor Smith.
The Yerington Paiutes operate their own education program, environmental program (overseeing air and water quality and wetlands), police force, USDA Commodities program, and social services.
The tribe owns and operates the Arrowhead Market, a fuel and convenience store in Yerington, and Campbell Ranch, which grows alfalfa.
- Pritzker, 226
- "Seven Elected to Yerington Tribal Council." Reno Gazette-Journal 13 Dec 2012. Retrieved 18 Sept 2013.
- Pritzker, Barry M. A Native American Encyclopedia: History, Culture, and Peoples. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-19-513877-1.
- Yerington Paiute Tribe, official website