|Motto(s)||Defenders of the Land|
Yerkrapah Volunteer Union (Armenian: «Երկրապահ» կամավորական միություն, ԵԿՄ «Yerkrapah» kamavorakan miut'yun, YeKM) or Yerkrapah Union of Veterans, meaning Defenders of the Land, is a non-governmental group that consisted of 6,000 Nagorno-Karabakh War veterans, formed by Vazgen Sargsyan. The Yerkrapah is a large and influential veteran group. The Yerkrapah Union was actively involved in the Nagorno-Karabakh War although after the death of Sargsyan, Yerkrapah began to decline in support in politics. Yerkrapah had incorporated between 5,000 and 30,000 veterans. According to Thomas de Waal, after 1994 "the veterans' group Yerkrapah became the most powerful organization in the country."
- "Համառոտ բնութագիր (Brief description)" (in Armenian). Official site of Union of Yerkrapah Volunteers. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Levitsky, Steven. Competitive Authoritarianism: Hybrid Regimes After the Cold War. p. 209.
- ""Freedom Fighters" face fight for their own freedom: NKR war veterans among "political prisoners"". ArmeniaNow. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- P. Croissant, Michael. The Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict: causes and implications. p. 123.
- "Armenian War Veterans Divided Over 2008 Election". Armtown. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Lowell, Barrington (2006). After Independence: Making and Protecting the Nation in Postcolonial & Postcommunist States. University of Michigan Press. p. 241.
- De Waal, Thomas. Black Garden: Armenia and Azerbaijan Through Peace and War. p. 244.