Yermarus Thermal Power Station
|Yermarus Thermal Power station|
Location of the Yermarus Power station in Karnataka
|Location||Yegnur, Raichur, Karnataka|
|Commission date||Unit 1: May, 2015; Unit 2: Mar, 2017|
|Owner(s)||Karnataka Power Corporation|
|Thermal power station|
|Units operational||800 MW|
|Make and model||BHEL|
|Nameplate capacity||1600 MW|
Yermarus Thermal Power Station is a coal-based thermal power plant located in Yermarus village in Raichur district, Karnataka. The power plant is owned by the Karnataka Power Corporation. This is India's first 800MW super critical thermal power plant and Bharat Heavy Electricals is the EPC contractor for this power project.
The Installed capacity of the power plant in 1600 MW(2x800MW).
|Stage||Unit Number||power (MW)||Date of Commissioning||Status|
|1st||1||800||2015 MAY||commissioned and commercial operation declared in March 2017|
|1st||2||800||2017 Mar||commissioned and commercial operations started in April 2017|
- Buradikatti, Kumar (January 16, 2015). "Two labourers killed at YTPS construction site; workers agitate". The Hindu. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "First 800 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Plant in Karnataka commissioned by BHEL". IIFL News. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "Country's first: BHEL manufactures indigenous 800 MW turbo generator". Hindustan Times. March 12, 2015. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "BHEL commissions 800 mw supercritical thermal unit in K'nataka". Business Standard. Press Trust of India. May 25, 2016. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "BRIEF-BHEL commissions 800 MW supercritical thermal power plant in Karnataka". Reuters. March 30, 2017. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "BHEL's second 800 MW unit starts commercial ops". Myiris News. April 12, 2017. Retrieved May 19, 2018.