|Elevation||152 m (499 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Yerraguntla is a census , Industrial town in Kadapa district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located in Yerraguntla mandal of Kadapa revenue division. The industrial town is home to many cement factories and Rayalaseema Thermal Power Plant. Yerraguntla is located 37 km (23 mi) from Kadapa.
Yerraguntla is located at  It has an average elevation of 152 meters (501 feet). Yerraguntla is also famous for stones, which is used for houses flooring and construction of houses. Yerraguntla is driven by mining of these stones and transportation of these stones. Yerraguntla has good number of stone polish industries, and three major cement factories India Cements, Zuari Cements and Bharati Cements..
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 32,574. The total population constitute, 16,558 males, 16,016 females and 3,754 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 70.56% with 20,334 literates, lower than the national average of 73.00%.
- Being an Industrial town Yerraguutla houses 3 major cement factories, Rayalaseema Thermal Power plant and good number of stone polishing industries.
- Zuari Cement's has installed capacity of 11,000 Tonnes cement production per day and offered employment for nearly 2300 people.
- Bharati Cement's has installed capacity of 10,000 Tonnes cement production per day and offered employment for nearly 2000 people.
- India Cement's has two plants one at Yerraguntla and another 5 km away from Yerraguntla . These two plants installed capacity of 6,000 Tonnes cement production per day and offering employment for nearly 1600 people.
- Another cement factory namely Teja Cement has recently gone through an MOU with state government to establish its plant near Yerraguntla.
Yerraguntla railway station is located on the Guntakal-Chennai line which is part of Mumbai-Chennai line. A new railway line has been laid from Yerraguntla as a junction connecting places like Proddatur, Jammalamadugu and Nandyal. Yerraguntla railway station comes under the jurisdiction of Guntakal division. It is one of the 'D' Category Railway Stations of Guntakal Railway Division. All trains passing through Yerraguntla halt in this station.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Revenue Divisions and Mandals". Official website of YSR Kadapa District. National Informatics Centre- Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics. Erraguntla
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
|This article about a location in Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|