Yes, Norman Productions
|Founded||October 2017Beverly Hills, California, U.S.in|
Beverly Hills, California,
|Kaley Cuoco (CEO)|
Suzanne McCormack (SVP)
Yes, Norman Productions is a television production company founded in October 2017 by actress and producer Kaley Cuoco. It is known for producing the television series Harley Quinn and The Flight Attendant.
In October 2017, the company, founded by actress and producer Kaley Cuoco, entered an exclusive multi-year first look production deal with Warner Bros. Television. With this production deal, the company optioned the rights to The Flight Attendant, a book written by author Chris Bohjalian. The book was later developed into a comedy-drama series of the same name, with Cuoco starring and serving as executive producer. Greg Berlanti also serves as executive producer via his production company, Berlanti Productions.
In August 2018, Suzanne McCormack joined the company from Chuck Lorre Productions as senior vice president, and oversees the development and production of the companies television and film projects. In October 2018, it was announced that the company would co-produce the DC Universe animated series Harley Quinn, with Cuoco voicing the main character Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn, and also executive produce.
In July 2019, the company entered a two-year first look production deal with Warner Bros. Television, and announced that The Flight Attendant had been picked up by WarnerMedia's streaming platform, HBO Max. In August 2019, it was announced that the company would produce an upcoming CBS comedy, Pretty, which is written by Lindsey Kraft and Santina Muha, and will also star Kraft. On November 29, 2019, Harley Quinn premiered on DC Universe, with the second season premiering on April 3, 2020, and a third season announced on September 18, 2020, alongside the announcement that the show would move to HBO Max, following the restructuring of DC Universe.
In November 2020, it was announced that the company will be producing a live-action series called America's Sweetheart, from the developers of Harley Quinn for Apple TV+, but the series later moved to HBO Max. On November 26, 2020, The Flight Attendant premiered on HBO Max, and in December 2020, the series was renewed for a second season.
In an interview with Variety in February 2021, Cuoco said that her company was acquiring the rights to a limited series about the life of actress, singer, and animal welfare activist, Doris Day. In March 2021, it was announced that the company would be producing and developing a limited series about Doris Day, based on the 1976 biography Doris Day: Her Own Story by A. E. Hotchner. Cuoco will play Doris Day in the series and executive produce alongside Greg Berlanti, who will also executive produce via Berlanti Productions.
In May 2021, the company optioned the rights to A Season With Mom, a book written by author Katie Russell Newland, and foreword written by former American football quarterback, Peyton Manning. Also in May 2021, the company signed a three-year first look production deal with Warner Bros. Television Studios.
- Pretty (with Warner Bros. Television) (TBA)
- America's Sweetheart (with Warner Bros. Television) (TBA)
- Untitled Doris Day project (with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television) (TBA)
- Role Play (with The Picture Company and StudioCanal) (TBA)
- Harley Quinn (with Ehsugadee Productions, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation) (2019–present)
- The Flight Attendant (with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television) (2020–present)
- Andreeva, Nellie (27 October 2017). "Kaley Cuoco Launches Company, Inks Pod Deal With Warner Bros. TV & Set First Project – Limited Series She Would Star In". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- Heimbrod, Camille (28 October 2017). "Kaley Cuoco Launches Yes, Norman Productions; Headlines First Project 'The Flight Attendant'". International Business Times. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Yes, Norman Productions in Beverly Hills, CA | Company Info & Reviews". Bizapedia.com. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 1, 2019). "Kaley Cuoco To Star In 'The Flight Attendant' Drama Series Picked Up By WarnerMedia Streamer, Inks New Deal With Warner Bros. TV". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 15, 2018). "Kaley Cuoco Taps Suzanne McCormack As Development Executive For Her Company". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- Lee, Ashley (November 2, 2020). "Kaley Cuoco isn't just 'the girl next door.' And she's out to prove it". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Boucher, Geoff (October 4, 2018). "Kaley Cuoco To Voice Harley Quinn In DC Universe Series; Watch New York Comic Con Preview". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 30, 2019.
- Hayes, Dade; Andreeva, Nellie (July 9, 2019). "WarnerMedia Streaming Service Gets A Name, Will Include 'Friends' Library, Greg Berlanti & Reese Witherspoon Films, CW Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 1, 2019). "Comedy 'Pretty' Starring Lindsey Kraft & Santina Muha From Kaley Cuoco's Yes, Norman Prods. In Works At CBS". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Ridgely, Charlie (October 4, 2018). "DC Universe Originals Release Schedule Revealed". Comicbook.com. Retrieved February 14, 2021.
- Zalben, Alex (February 21, 2020). "'Harley Quinn' Is Coming Back To DC Universe For Season 2 Sooner Than You Think". Decider. Retrieved February 14, 2021.
- Otterson, Joe (September 18, 2020). "'Harley Quinn' Renewed for Season 3 at HBO Max, DC Universe Transitions Out of Scripted Originals". Variety. Retrieved February 14, 2021.
- Aurthur, Kate (February 24, 2021). "How Kaley Cuoco Soared to New Heights in 'The Flight Attendant'". Variety. Retrieved February 24, 2021.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (December 18, 2020). "'The Flight Attendant' Renewed For Season 2 As More Of HBO Max's Kaley Cuoco Series Cleared For Takeoff". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Aurthur, Kate (March 12, 2021). "Kaley Cuoco to Play Screen Legend Doris Day in Limited Series in Development at Warner Bros. Television". Variety. Retrieved March 13, 2021.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 12, 2021). "Kaley Cuoco To Play Doris Day In Warner Bros TV Limited Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 13, 2021.
- Kroll, Justin (May 7, 2021). "Kaley Cuoco's Yes, Norman Banner Lands Rights To Katie Russell's 'A Season With Mom'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- Leffler, David (April 6, 2021). "Why 'A Season With Mom' is the Ultimate Springtime Read". Austin Monthly Magazine. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 20, 2021). "Kaley Cuoco Inks Big New Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV Group As Her Yes, Norman Prods. Ramps Up". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (July 6, 2021). "Kaley Cuoco In Talks To Star & Produce Studiocanal & Picture Company's High Concept Thriller 'Role Play'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 6, 2021.