This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Internet and telecommunications|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Wing K. Lee (CEO)|
|Products||4G Mobile Broadband products & services |
4G Mobile Internet products & services
VoLTE (Voice over LTE) service
Yes 4G is a brand under YTL Communications Sdn Bhd, a communications service provider in Malaysia. Yes is a global front runner in 4G mobile network and the first nationwide converged 4G service that offers mobile Internet, voice and SMS in one simple plan. It is also the first in Malaysia to provide nationwide VoLTE (Voice over LTE), available for Android VoLTE-supported smartphones.
Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, YTL Communications is a subsidiary of the utilities company YTL Power International Berhad and serves as the communications arm of YTL Corporation Berhad, a leading infrastructure conglomerate in Malaysia. Yes uses the native dialling prefix identifier of 018 and 011-1.
Network and coverage
The Yes network is built from the ground up with an all-IP architecture, making it the first and only all-4G and all-IP network provider in Malaysia capable of offering unique services such as user ID-based unified communications as well as session concurrency for mobile data and telephony services.
Yes owns and operates its own network infrastructure in Malaysia. Yes has close to 5,000 base stations across the country with an all-4G network footprint reaching over 85% population coverage nationwide.
|2300 MHz (2300~2360)
|60 MHz||WiMAX/TD-LTE||1 - 2300 MHz - 10 MHz
**FRP = 3 for both WiMAX and TD-LTE
|2600 MHz (2595~2615)
|20 MHz||TD-LTE||2 - 2600 MHz - 20 MHz
**FRP = 1
|800 MHz (798~803, 839~844)
|2 x 5 MHz||LTE||Trial
|**FRP = Frequency Reuse Pattern|
Services to the education sector
Yes has worked closely with the Malaysian Ministry of Education to equip all 10,000 primary and secondary national schools across the country with high-speed 4G Internet connectivity integrated with cloud-based Frog VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) platform under the 1BestariNet program.
Under Yes' own Education Partner Programme (EPP), it entered into strategic partnerships with selected public colleges and universities within Malaysia to furnish the entire campus grounds and buildings with high-speed 4G Internet connectivity and free data to access the Internet for educational purposes.
Awards and achievements
Yes has been recognized regionally and internationally for its excellence and leadership in 4G technology innovation as well as for its commitment in championing the transformative power of Internet to close the digital divide in Malaysia.
Yes has picked up awards namely:
- "Best New Service" by Broadband Infovision Awards in 2011
- "Most Innovative Service Provider of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Awards in 2012 
- "Most Promising Telecom Service Provider of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan Malaysia Excellence Award in 2013
- "Best Broadband Cloud Award" by Broadband InfoVision Awards in 2013, for its effort in connecting 10,000 national schools across Malaysia with Yes 4G Internet service integrated with cloud-based Frog VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) under the 1BestariNet program
- "Best Enterprise Cloud Offering" by Telecoms.com Industry Awards in 2014, for the implementation of cloud-based Frog VLE via the Yes 4G Internet service under the 1BestariNet program
- "The Most Innovative Partnership Strategy" award by Telecom Asia Awards in 2014, for its partnership with Google to deploy Google-designed 4G Chromebooks to national schools throughout Malaysia with seamlessly integrated Google Apps for Education via its cloud-based Frog VLE under the 1BestariNet program
- "Most Innovative Voice Service" by Telecom Asia Awards in 2017, for its leadership as the first communications service provider in Malaysia to provide nationwide VoLTE service
- "The fastest overall download speed" and "Best 4G Availability" in Malaysia by OpenSignal in "State of Mobile Networks: Malaysia October 2017" report
- "Best 4G Availability in Malaysia by OpenSignal in "State of Mobile Networks: Malaysia April 2018" report
Yes was officially launched on 19 November 2010 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and was the first in the world to commercially launch a converged 4G network at a national scale based on IEEE Broadband Wireless Access Standards (WiMAX). At launch, it boasted 65% nationwide population coverage and was the largest 4G network in Malaysia.
Yes first started out with a prepaid service, charging 9 sen for 3MB of data, or an SMS or a minute of voice call which was compatible with its 4G devices namely Yes Go USB dongle and Yes Huddle mobile hotspot device. A postpaid version of the Yes plan service called Super Postpaid Plan was launched in 2012. Yes also introduced several 4G smartphones, including Yes Buzz and Yes Eclipse.
- "Yes rolls out LTE. Widest 4G coverage with VoLTE support".
- "Frog VLE".
- "Creating Malaysia's First 4G Campus-wide Network".
- "Broadband InfoVision Awards 2011".
- "2012 Frost & Sullivan ICT Awards Most Innovative Service Provider of the Year - Service Provider Category".
- "2013 Malaysia Most Promising Service Provider Of The Year".
- "Telco's 4G service for schools gains global recognition".
- "Congratulations to the Telecoms.com Awards winners".
- "Telecom Asia Awards 2014".
- "Telecom Asia Awards 2017".
- "State of Mobile Networks: Malaysia (October 2017)".
- "Mobile Networks Update: Malaysia (April 2018)".
- "YTL launches converged 4G network".
- "YTL Comms reveals 4G service brand – YES".
- "Malaysia's Yes 4G is one of the most advanced in the world: IDC".
- "Yes unveils unlimited Super postpaid plans".
- "Yes Buzz & Yes Zoom now available".
- "Yes Eclipse".
- "Yes rolls out 4G LTE service with VoLTE".
- "YES unveils new 'Double Data' 4G LTE plans, 4G VoLTE smartphone".
- "4G+ connectivity is available in Malaysia".