|• Revised Romanization||Yesan-gun|
Location in South Korea
|Administrative divisions||2 eup, 10 myeon|
|• Total||543.09 km2 (209.69 sq mi)|
|• Density||185.2/km2 (480/sq mi)|
Sudeoksa, a head temple of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism, is located on the southern slopes of Deoksungsan in Deoksan-myeon, Yesan County. Its main hall is daeungjeon (大雄殿), Korea's oldest wooden building and National Treasure 49.
In 2009, Yesan was designated a "slow city," one in which traditional cultures and communities are preserved.
- Seocho-gu, Seoul / South Korea
- Seongbuk-gu, Seoul / South Korea
- Yeonsu-gu, Incheon / South Korea
- Anyang, Gyeonggi / South Korea
- Knoxville, Tennessee / United States
- Korea Tourism Organization (n.d.). Korea Travel Guide. KTO. p. 81.
|This South Korea location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|