Yeshiva Shaar HaTorah
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Yeshiva Shaar HaTorah|
|117-06 84th Ave.
Queens, New York 11418
|Type||Jewish boys' high school and Talmudic college|
|Rosh Yeshiva||Rabbi Kalman Epstein
Rabbi Sholom Spitz
|Mashgiach||Rabbi Matt Roberts|
|Grades||high school, undergraduate, postgraduate|
Yeshiva Shaar HaTorah is an Orthodox yeshiva and high school in Kew Gardens, Queens, New York, founded in 1974 by Rabbi Kalman Epstein and Rabbi Sholom Spitz. It has programs for high school boys, as well as undergraduate and graduate programs that result in Talmudic law degrees.
In 1974, Rabbi Kalman Epstein and Rabbi Sholom Spitz founded Yeshiva Shaar Hatorah in Queens at the behest of Spitz's teacher, Rabbi Mordechai Elefant. It is officially a branch of Yeshivas Itri in Jerusalem, which was started by Elefant. The yeshiva was named "Shaar HaTorah" after the yeshiva in Grodno where Epstein's great-grandfather, Rabbi Shimon Shkop, had been the rosh yeshiva. At the time, Epstein gave the lecture shiur in Hebrew to undergraduate students, and Spitz headed the graduate program. A year after the founding of the yeshiva, Epstein's father, Rabbi Zelik Epstein, joined it. Today, Spitz gives the shiur to freshman and sophomore students, while Kalman Epstein lectures to the junior, senior, and graduate students.
The curriculum focuses on Talmudic law, Aramaic texts, theology, philosophy, and epistemology.
- Rabbi Kalman Epstein, Rosh Yeshiva
- Rabbi Sholom Spitz, Rosh Yeshiva
- Rabbi Mattis Roberts, Mashgiach Ruchni
- Rabbi Shmuel Munk, Rosh Kollel
- Rabbi Yaakov Grossman, Shoel Umaishiv
- Rabbi Yitzchak Bilitzky, Shoel Umaishiv
- Rabbi Shimon Yehuda Epstein, Rosh Chaburah
- Rabbi Yaakov Margulies, Chozer
- Rabbi Yosef Licht, 9th Grade Rebbe
- Rabbi Shlomo Lobenstein, 10th Grade Rebbe
- Rabbi Akiva Weiner, 11th Grade Rebbe
- Rabbi Ya'akov Bergman, 12th Grade Rebbe
- Rabbi Avrohom Jurkowitz, Mashgiach
- Rabbi Moshe Stein, 12th grade 2nd seder
- Rabbi Moshe Sokoloff, 11th grade 2nd seder
- Tannenbaum, Gershon (July 23, 2010). ""Rav Zelik Epstein zt"l, A Tribute, On His First Yahrtzeit, Tomorrow, 13 Av". Matzav. Retrieved May 21, 2017.