||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2012)|
|Founded||Libertyville, Illinois 1995|
|Michael Fisher, President
John Hollands, Vice President of Sales
Dan Hall, VP, Product & Technology
Purandar Das, Chief Technology Officer
Ed Kuderna, VP, Client Experience
Linda Vetter, VP, Marketing
Number of employees
Yesmail Interactive, an infogroup company, is an email marketing solutions provider headquartered in Portland, Oregon and has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Omaha, Toronto, London and Singapore.
Yesmail first started as a Web directory in 1995 and was later named Starting Point Directory in 1997. The website became one of the top 10 most visited sites on the web and was operated by co-owner and webmaster, Frank Addante, serial entrepreneur. The company was created after its initial business, WebPromote, Inc. and its founders, Ken Wruk, Kevin Manley, John Weiss, and Keith Speer merged with a new firm founded by Mike Santer, Alex Hern and executives David Tolmie (CEO) and Peder Jungck (CTO) in early 1999. The new firm was named Yesmail.com and built a rapidly growing email marketing business with many large clients. The business grew based on its ability to use technology to manage its database of millions of e-mail addresses. Yesmail’s growth led to a $37 million IPO in the fall of 1999, and was acquired by CMGI in 2000 for $520 million. Yesmail was later acquired by infoUSA in 2003.
In November, 2006, Yesmail agreed to pay a $50,717 civil penalty to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that it violated the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by sending unsolicited commercial e-mails after consumers asked it to stop doing so. The FTC charged Yesmail, "doing business as @Once" at the time of the violation in 2004, with sending e-mail messages on behalf of its clients more than 10 business days after recipients had opted out. Citing the problem as one of the minor technical issues allowed under the Act, and not a violation of federal law, Yesmail deemed the charges too costly to fight, and agreed to settle. "Doing business as @Once" means the issue related to an incident that took place in 2004 before @once Inc. (then a Portland, OR-based e-mail marketing company) was integrated (along with its liabilities) in 2005 with infoUSA's existing e-mail subsidiary Yesmail.
Yesmail Interactive helps marketers evolve customer interactions via technology, insights and services across email, mobile, web and social.
- Yesmail Email Platform: A multi-channel marketing platform with solutions for e-mail campaign management, database information management, social media and mobile marketing, integrated data analysis, and media solutions for large enterprises.
- Yesmail Market Intelligence: Combines social, mobile, and email monitoring to power competitive, market, and digital content intelligence from a centralized, easy to use console.
- Yesmail MyApps: A web accessible portal that hosts a variety of tool sets that enable additional marketing execution capabilities.
- Yesmail Professional Services: Consulting services for interactive marketing strategy, deep analytics analysis and program assessments
Awards and recognitions
- 2012 MarketingSherpa Email Awards: Best Triggered Email or Auto-Responder Series
- 2011 OMMA (Online Media, Marketing and Advertising) Award for Best Email: CRM Campaign
- Internet Retailer: Top Three Email Marketing Vendor
- 2008 Best Email Newsletter for Marketing Purposes
- The Forrester Wave: Email Marketing Service Providers
- "Company News; CMGI to acquire Yesmail for $523 million". The New York Times. December 16, 1999.
- "InfoUSA Buys Yesmail". ClickZ.com. March 3, 2003.
- "Marketer Settles With FTC for Sending Unwanted E-Mails". FTC.gov. November 6, 2006.
- "Yesmail settles with FTC". DMNews.com. November 6, 2006.
- "E-mail marketing company sold". Portland Business Journal. February 2, 2005.
- "InfoUSA Buys Digital Connexxions to Strengthen Yesmail Unit". DMNews.com. October 4, 2006.
- "Silver Award Feld Entertainment Best Triggered Email or Auto-Responder Series". MarketingSherpa. 11 November 2011.
- "HP Customer Revival Campaign 2011 OMMA Award Winner for Email CRM Campaign". OMMA. 26 September 2011.
- "Yesmail Ranks in the Top Three Email Marketing Vendor Providers for Internet Retailer’s Top 500". Market Watch. 12 August 2008.
- "MarketingSherpa Names Winners of 2008 Email Marketing Awards". Yahoo Finance. 26 February 2008.
- "Yesmail Breaks Into The Email Leader Ranks". Forrester. 20 December 2007.