Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday"|
|Single by Stevie Wonder|
|from the album My Cherie Amour|
|B-side||"I'd Be a Fool Right Now"|
|Released||September 30, 1969|
|Format||Vinyl record (7" 45 RPM)|
|Genre||Pop, R&B, soul|
|Songwriter(s)||Ron Miller, Bryan Wells|
|Producer(s)||Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol|
|Stevie Wonder singles chronology|
"Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday" is a 1969 soul song written by Ron Miller and Bryan Wells, released by American Motown singer-songwriter-musician Stevie Wonder on the album My Cherie Amour (1969). The song continued Wonder's success on the pop charts. It reached #7 on the pop singles chart and become Wonder's ninth Top 10 single of the 1960s. The single fared even better on the UK singles chart where it reached #2 in November 1969, and at that time, it was Wonder's biggest UK hit.
Stevie recorded also an Italian version with the title "Solo te, solo me, solo noi" (Only you, only me, only us). The song was later reworked into an unusual, electronic version by Jennifer Rush on her 1985 Movin' album.
At the time the song was released, Wonder was going through some vocal problems and was required to wait before recording a song. Due to this, instead of making Wonder record new ones, they decided to release songs that he had recorded years earlier, and this song was one of them (it was recorded two years earlier). The song's main theme is nostalgia  for a loved one.
- Lead vocals by Stevie Wonder
- Background vocals by The Originals (Freddie Gorman, Walter Gaines, Hank Dixon, C.P. Spencer) and The Andantes (Jackie Hicks, Marlene Barrow, and Louvain Demps)
- Instrumentation by The Funk Brothers.
- "Stevie Wonder Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday". whosampled.com. 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Continuities in Popular Culture: The Present in the Past & the Past in the Present and Future (edited by Ray B. Browne & Ronald J. Ambrosetti, 1993)
- Steffen Hung. "Forum - 1970 (ARIA Charts: Special Occasion Charts)". Australian-charts.com. Archived from the original on 2016-06-02. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- RPM Adult Contemporary, January 10, 1970
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Flavour of New Zealand, 23 January 1970
- "SA Charts 1965–March 1989". Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "1969: The Top 100 Soul/R&B Singles". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Whitburn, Joel (1993). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–1993. Record Research. p. 261.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
- List of cover versions of "Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday" at SecondHandSongs.com
|This 1960s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|