Yet Another Movie
|"Yet Another Movie"|
|Song by Pink Floyd from the album A Momentary Lapse of Reason|
|Published||Pink Floyd Music Publishers Ltd|
|Released||7 September 1987 (UK)
8 September 1987 (US)
|Length||7:28 (with "Round and Around")|
|Writer(s)||David Gilmour, Patrick Leonard|
"Yet Another Movie" is the sixth track, along with "Round and Around" on Pink Floyd's 1987 album, A Momentary Lapse of Reason. It features soundbites from the film, Casablanca. Apparently, it was a demo during the Final Cut sessions but Roger Waters rejected it.
The piece was performed at every show in Pink Floyd's 1987–1989 tours as the fourth piece in the first set of the show (falling between "Learning to Fly" and "Round and Around") and was featured on the live album Delicate Sound of Thunder. The lap steel guitar that appears at the end of the studio version of "Yet Another Movie" was replaced by a normal guitar solo played at a lower octave on the live performances of the track. On Delicate Sound of Thunder and the 2011 remaster of A Momentary Lapse of Reason, the band separated "Yet Another Movie" from "Round and Around" into different tracks.
- Patrick Leonard — synthesizers
- Tony Levin — bass guitar
- Jim Keltner — drums
- Steve Forman — percussion
- Strong, Martin C. (2004). The Great Rock Discography (7th ed.). Edinburgh: Canongate Books. p. 1177. ISBN 1-84195-551-5.
- Mabbett, Andy (1995). The Complete Guide to the Music of Pink Floyd. London: Omnibus Press. ISBN 0-7119-4301-X.
- "Pink Floyd, "Yet Another Movie" from Momentary Lapse of Reason (1987): One Track Mind". Retrieved 2016-05-15.
|This 1980s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|