This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Evgeny Ilyich Ostashev
22 March 1924
village Maly Vasilyev, Noginsky District, Moscow Oblast, USSR
|Died||24 October 1960
Baikonur, Kazakhstan, USSR
Yevgeny Ilyich Ostashev (Russian: Евгений Ильич Осташев), 22 March 1924 – 24 October 1960, was the test pilot of rocket and space complexes, participant in the launch of the first artificial Earth satellite, head of the 1st control polygon NIIP-5 (Baikonur), Lenin prize winner, Candidate of Technical Sciences, engineer-podpolkovnik.
Born 22 March 1924 in the village Maly Vasilyev, Noginsky District, Moscow Oblast, USSR. Mother - Ostasheva (nee Гирусова) Serafima Vasilievna, 1888 birth. Father - Ostashev Ilya Vasilevich, 1881 birth. In 1941 he entered the MAI them. S. Ordzhonikidze, evacuated together with the Institute in Alma-Ata refused. Got a turner at one of the Moscow factories. The army was called in the spring of 1942, became a cadet of the Leningrad artillery school. Released after six months of study in the rank of Unterleutnant, is aimed at Stalingrad front commander of a platoon of communication in a mortar regiment.
He fought as part of the unit which was part of the 1st Ukrainian front under the command of the Century V.I. Chuikov. The commander of the mortar platoon took part in the Korsun-Shevchenko operation, in the battles on the Dniester, near Vitebsk was part of the 1st Belorussian front. In the operation to take Berlin participated as a commander of a mortar company. At the end of the war remained in the occupation of Germany. In 1949 he entered the 6th Department of the Artillery Academy named after F. E. Dzerzhinsky on a speciality «missiles». In the spring of 1955 graduated with honors, from the proposals remain in the graduate refused. Was appointed Deputy chief of the Department of complex tests of rockets R-7 (11-th Department) to the landfill NIIP-5 of the Ministry of defense of the USSR.
He passed training at the industrial enterprises and 4 STP, the NIIP-5 arrived trained specialist. In 11-th division headed the Department of tests management system (SU), automatics missiles knew not worse developers from OKB-1 and NII-885. Since the launch of the first satellite, was the «firing» of the military test polygon. In March 1960 he was appointed the first chief formed the 1st control NIIP-5 (military unit 44275) for testing and operation of rockets R-7, R-9 on low-boiling propellant components.
Ostashev died on 24 October 1960 in Baikonur at explosion of the missile R-16 during its preparation for the test launch on 41 site  landfill. Tests of the R-16 engaged in the 2nd control NIIP-5, and Yevgeny Ilyich established in connection with failure of the rocket situation tried to provide assistance to their colleagues. Total killed 78 people. The incident was strictly classified (only in 1995 materials about the tragedy became available to all), it was officially announced about the death of only Chief Marshal of Artillery Nedelin, in a plane crash. From the memoirs younger brother Ostasheva the Arcadia Ilyich:
"...10 days before the death of Yevgeny I was at head of the polygon, the commander of the NIIP-5 Konstantin Vasilyevich Gerchik. He informed me that the order came on early assignment Eugene next rank of Colonel. Decided to tell him about it at the solemn meeting in honor of the 7 November. And before that, Eugene announced that he was appointed Deputy Director of NIIP-5 on scientific work instead A.I. Nosova, serving on service in Moscow..." (RGANTD. F. 33 op. 1 deeds 338 )
- Lenin Prize
- Order of the Patriotic War 1st class
- Order of the Patriotic War 2nd class
- Order of the Red Star
- Medal for Battle Merit
- Medal "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945"
- Medal "For the Capture of Berlin"
- Medal "For the Liberation of Warsaw"
- Jubilee Medal "30 Years of the Soviet Army and Navy"
- Jubilee Medal "40 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- order of courage (posthumous)
- Other medals.
Name Ostasheva is one of the streets  of Baikonur. The decree of the Head of the city administration, Baikonur (city) № 183 of 30 May 2001 E. I. Ostashevu awarded the title of «Honorary citizen of the city of Baikonur» . In Elektrougli Noginsk district of Moscow region in the regional Museum there is a booth dedicated to the brothers Осташевым. On the house number 17 in the village of Small Vasilyev, where they lived in childhood brothers Осташевы, a memorial plaque. In the city Park city Elektrougli a memorial plate to the head of test management Baikonur - Ostashev E. I. In the Museum of the strategic missile forces in Vlasikha, Moscow hosted the exhibition is devoted to E. I. Ostaszewo in the sections on world war II and the development of space industry in the country.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 23, 2013. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- J. K. Golovanov, M., "Korolev: Facts and myths", Nauka, 1994, ISBN 5-02-000822-2
- "Rockets and people" – B. E. Chertok, M: "mechanical engineering", 1999. ISBN 5-217-02942-0 (in Russian);
- «A breakthrough in space» - Konstantin Vasilyevich Gerchik, M: LLC "Veles", 1994, ISBN 5-87955-001-X
- «At risk,» - A. A. Toul, Kaluga, "the Golden path", 2001, ISBN 5-7111-0333-1
- "People duty and honor" – A. A. Shmelev, the second book. M: Editorial Board "Moscow journal", 1998.
- "Testing of rocket and space technology - the business of my life" Events and facts - A.I. Ostashev, Korolyov, 2001.
- "Baikonur. Korolev. Yangel." - M. I. Kuznetsk, Voronezh: IPF "Voronezh", 1997, ISBN 5-89981-117-X
- A.I. Ostashev, Sergey Pavlovich Korolyov - The Genius of the 20th Century — 2010 M. of Public Educational Institution of Higher Professional Training MGUL ISBN 978-5-8135-0510-2.
- "Look back and look ahead. Notes of a military engineer" - Rjazhsky A. A., 2004, SC. first, the publishing house of the "Heroes of the Fatherland" ISBN 5-91017-018-X.
- "Unknown Baikonur" - edited by B. I. Posysaeva, M.: "globe", 2001. ISBN 5-8155-0051-8
- "Rocket and space feat Baikonur" - Vladimir Порошков, the "Patriot" publishers 2007. ISBN 5-7030-0969-3
- "Bank of the Universe" - edited by Boltenko A. C., Kiev, 2014., publishing house "Phoenix", ISBN 978-966-136-169-9
- "Nesterenko" series Lives of great people - Authors: Gregory Sukhina A., Ivkin, Vladimir Ivanovich, publishing house "Young guard" in 2015, ISBN 978-5-235-03801-1
- "To stand on the way to space" - Author: Valentin Lebedev, M: publisher ITRK in 2016, ISBN 978-5-88010-400-0
- Bondarev Yu. F. Memories of service at Baikonur (Rus.). Of. the website of Roskosmos. Archived.
- The Baikonur cosmodrome (Rus.). The Site "Baikonur-Info". Archived.
- A. Zheleznyakov. Baikonurskaya tragedy. Archived. Archived.
- Harford, James. Korolev – How One Man Masterminded the Soviet Drive to Beat America to the Moon. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1997. pp 119–120. ISBN 0-471-14853-9
- "Red Moon Rising: Sputnik and the Hidden Rivalries that Ignited the Space Age", - Matthew Brzezinski, Henry Holt and Company, 2008 г. ISBN 080508858X
- Ostashev E.I. on page «Cosmic memorial» (in Russian)
- Strategic rocket forces. Reference. History. (in Russian)
- Electronic newspaper Elektrougli
- Calendar Encyclopedia of cosmonautics A. Zheleznyakov.(in Russian)
- Brothers Ostashev from Elektrougli // "news Agency suburbs" (in Russian)
- the official website of the city administration Baikonur - Honorary citizens of Baikonur
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- Photo of pokoritelya space
- Look back and look ahead
- on YouTube
- Yevgeny Ostashev //Family history (in Russian)
- E. I. Ostashev electronic memorial
- Baikonur tragedy// Encyclopedia Of "Space". (in Russian)
- Nedelin Disaster // RussianSpaceWeb.com (in English)
- Video Cosmos (in English)
- Information and law portal-OFFICERS of RUSSIA//Memorial day missile (in Russian)
- The website of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation//Yevgeny Ostashev (in Russian)
- The newspaper Moskovsky Komsomolets // The disaster at Baikonur (in Russian)
- Lenta.ru // Spetsproekt Win.
- The Russian Union Of Veterans // Day of memory and grief.(in Russian)
- The official website of the city administration Baikonur // Baikonur commemorated a test rocket and space technology.(in Russian)
- Space feat Eugene Ostasheva//Newspaper "ELEKTROUGLI DAY by DAY" 12/04/2011.(in Russian)