Евгений Олегович Судьбин
|Born||19 April 1980|
|Labels||BIS Records, Pentatone|
Yevgeny Olegovich Sudbin (Russian: Евгений Олегович Судьбин; born 19 April 1980, Saint Petersburg, Russia) is a Russian-born British concert pianist. He studied at the musical school of the Leningrad Conservatory. After his family emigrated to Berlin when he was age 10 in 1990, he won several German piano competitions, and studied at the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler in Berlin. He was a pupil of Christopher Elton at the Purcell School and the Royal Academy of Music for nine years. His education has also included lessons with Murray Perahia, Claude Frank, Leon Fleisher, Stephen Kovacevich, Dmitri Bashkirov, Fou Ts'ong, Stephen Hough, Alexander Satz, and Maria Curcio.
In July 2017 a CD was released on Pentatone-Oxingale Records for the inaugural opening of the Tippet Rise Festival, featuring a performance by Sudbin, Christopher O’Riley, and Matt Haimovitz, among others.
- Caroline Benser, At the Piano: Interviews with 21st-Century Pianists, p. 125. Retrieved 27 February 2014
- Paul Horsley. Russia, Germany, Britain and Beyond
- Kleiner Chopin aus spandau
- Caroline Benser. At the Piano: Interviews with 21st-Century Pianists
- Michael Church (24 July 2008). "Preview: Prom 10: Yevgeny Sudbin, Royal Albert Hall, London". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- Damian Thompson (29 December 2005). "From Russia, with fingers of steel". Telegraph. Retrieved 2007-11-28.
- Geoffrey Norris (24 November 2007). "Classical CDs". Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- Geoffrey Norris (25 July 2008). "BBC Proms 2008: Sudbin sublime, support subdued suppo orchestra". Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- Geoffrey Norris (24 July 2008). "Yevgeny Sudbin: concerto for a stag night". Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- "New Appointments". Royal Academy of Music. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Yevgeny Sudbin official website
- Virtuoso Pianist Yevgeny Sudbin on Safari, Eggs Benedict and The Soloist Life
|This article on a Russian classical pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|