Konoplyanka playing for Ukraine in 2012
|Full name||Yevhen Olehovych Konoplyanka|
|Date of birth||29 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Kirovohrad, Ukrainian SSR|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2004–2005||Youth Sportive School #2 Kirovohrad|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:40, 15 May 2015 (UTC).
He began his professional career at Dnipro, where he made his debut in 2007 and featured in 211 matches across all competitions, scoring 45 goals. He helped them to the 2015 UEFA Europa League Final, and then moved to the team who won that match, Sevilla.
A full international since 2010, Konoplyanka has earned over 40 caps for Ukraine, and scored 10 international goals. He played for Ukraine when they co-hosted Euro 2012. He is a three-time Ukrainian Footballer of the Year.
At age seven, Konoplyanka signed up for a karate class, which he did simultaneously with football, eventually reaching black belt. He is a product of the youth system of FC Olimpik Kirovohrad, and coach Yuriy Kevlych. He also participated in the Ukrainian National Youth Competition, representing DYuSSh-2 Kirovohrad.
Konoplaynka's senior team debut came in an Ukrainian Premier League match on 26 August 2007 in a home game against Zakarpattia Uzhhorod which ended 0–0. Konoplyanka came on during the 83rd minute, replacing Jaba Kankava.
His first goal in the Ukrainian Premier League came 28 February 2010 in a home game against Zorya Luhansk which ended 2–2. In the second half of the 2009–10 season, Konoplyanka started and played the full 90 minutes in all of the remaining games.
In March 2011, Dynamo Kyiv interim coach Oleh Luzhny expressed his desire to see Konoplyanka in his ranks and the media reported that Dynamo would make an offer to Dnipro worth 14 million euro. In response, Dnipro coach Juande Ramos placed a sensational scare price-tag ranging from 50 to 60 million euro, commenting that "in order to build a great team, great players should play there."
In April 2010, Konoplaynka was first called up to Ukraine's senior national team by head coach Myron Markevych. He made his international debut on 25 May, playing the entirety of a 4–0 friendly win over Lithuania in Kharkiv. Four days later at the Arena Lviv, he scored the equaliser as Ukraine came from behind to defeat Romania 3–2 in another friendly.
In the Euro 2012 tournament Konoplyanka started in all three of Ukraine's matches as the co-hosts exited in the group stage. In their opening game at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev, he assisted Andriy Shevchenko's winning goal with a corner for a 2–1 victory against Sweden.
On 11 September 2012, Konoplyanka scored a long-range goal in a 1–1 draw against England at Wembley Stadium in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier. The BBC said of his performance: "the tremendous Yevhen Konoplyanka delivered a masterful performance to dictate in midfield". He scored two more goals in Ukraine's qualifying campaign, in victories over San Marino and Montenegro, but the team lost to France in a play-off for the tournament.
- As of 15 May 2015
- As of 15 June 2015
|Ukraine national team|
- As of 15 June 2015
|1.||29 May 2010||Ukraina Stadium, Lviv, Ukraine||Romania||2–2||3–2||Friendly|
|2.||17 November 2010||Stade de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland||Switzerland||2–2||2–2||Friendly|
|3.||2 September 2011||Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv, Ukraine||Uruguay||2–1||2–3||Friendly|
|4.||11 November 2011||NSC Olympiyskiy Stadium, Kyiv, Ukraine||Germany||2–0||3–3||Friendly|
|5.||29 February 2012||HaMoshava Stadium, Petah Tikva, Israel||Israel||0–2||2–3||Friendly|
|6.||11 September 2012||Wembley, London, England||England||0–1||1–1||2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers|
|7.||7 June 2013||Podgorica City Stadium, Podgorica, Montenegro||Montenegro||0–2||0–4||2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers|
|8.||6 September 2013||Arena Lviv, Lviv, Ukraine||San Marino||5–0||9–0||2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers|
|9.||9 June 2015||Linzer Stadion, Linz, Austria||Georgia||2–0||2–1||Friendly|
|10.||15 June 2015||Arena Lviv, Lviv, Ukraine||Luxembourg||3–0||3–0||UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers|
- Ukrainian Footballer of the Year: (3) 2010, 2012, 2013
- The most popular football player of Ukraine (IFFHS): 2012
- UEFA Europa League Team of the Year: 2012
- Ukrainian Premier League Footballer of the Year : 2013
- UEFA Europa League runner-up (1): 2014–15
- Коноплянка: "Всегда знал, что могу играть на этом уровне". Football.ua (in Russian). 23 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-08. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Коноплянка: "Пока склоняюсь к тому, чтобы остаться в "Днепре"". Football.ua (in Russian). 24 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-08. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Протокол матча. Чемпионат.ру (in Russian). 26 August 2007. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Протокол матча. Чемпионат.ру (in Russian). 28 February 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Динамо" купить лідера "Дніпра" за 14 мільйонів євро?". ua-football.com. 28 March 2011.
- Хуанде Рамос: "Пятьдесят-шестьдесят миллионов евро – это была бы хорошая цена за Коноплянку". ua-football.com. 7 April 2011.
- "Liverpool fail in bid to sign £16m Ukraine forward Yevhen Konoplyanka". The Guardian. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "KONOPLYANKA ESTÁ EN SEVILLA PARA PASAR RECONOCOMIENTO MÉDICO" [KONOPLYANKA IS IN SEVILLE TO TAKE A MEDICAL] (in Spanish). Sevilla FC. 3 July 2015. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Маркевич назвал первый состав. Football.ua (in Russian). 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-30. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Doyle, Paul (11 June 2012). "Euro 2012: Ukraine v Sweden – as it happened". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- Ben Smith (11 September 2012). "Tom Cleverley given reality check on night of frustration for England". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Player Profile from ffu.org.ua
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yevhen Konoplyanka.|
- Yevhen Konoplyanka at FFU.org.ua (Ukrainian)
- Profile on official Dnipro website
- UEFA Profile
- Yevhen Konoplyanka at TopForward (English)