A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
周依 (Zhōu yī)
|Education||American University of Paris London School of Economics and Political Science|
|Known for||Multimedia Artist and Filmmaker|
Yi Zhou (周依) is a Chinese multimedia artist. At the age of eight she moved to Rome and later graduated from the London School of Economics. Upon leaving university she embarked on a career in Paris as an artist. Zhou has created 3D short art films shown at her solo exhibitions by Venice biennale and has also shown work at the Sundance film festival, and the Cannes film festival. She has also created commissions for high fashion brands.
Zhou is currently preparing her first feature film.
In 2008, the Comité Vendôme asked Zhou to create a public project for Place Vendôme. She created an artwork based on the symbolic meaning of the Vendôme Column that gives its name to the square. Zhou created two 8 meter-high columns, located on a diagonal axis with the Vendôme Column as the central point. Each of these two columns is composed of 1280 small towers that are placed on a circular. This project was commissioned by art historian Diana Widmaier Picasso and it was presented before the world expo in Shanghai.
In 2010, Zhou relocated back to China and founded her studio and production company in Shanghai. She has been compared Yoko Ono and Cindy Sherman by Vogue China as an active image maker switching in front and behind the camera. In 2011, Zhou was also named Tudou.com's (Chinese would-be YouTube) art-director  and serves as art and fashion advisory member at Sina.com, which owns Chinese Twitter (Sina Weibo),she was also named Beauty ambassador of tencent beauty.
From 2010 to 2011, Zhou was brand ambassador for Clarins and sponsored by Clarins for her solo show in Venice during the 54th Venice Biennale in 2011. Since 2012, she has collaborated with the Italian luxury eyewear brand, Persol and Italian luxury brand, Hogan, Pringle, Chanel.
In 2011, her artwork DVF 2011 premiered in Beijing at Pace Gallery commissioned by Diane Von Fustenberg for her exhibition Journey of a Dress. Instead of painting or photographing Diane for her portrait, she created an original video work, music by the Oscar-winning Ennio Morricone, as a moving 3D portrait featuring Diane as an iconic figure from whose mouth other icons escape.
As a Chinese social media ambassador, Yi Zhou also developed a series of online moving portraits of key international players from the movie/fashion/art industries, posted on Tudou.com and Weibo.com. This project introduced these celebrities to the Chinese Twitter users, and introduced Zhou's approach to her work as a multimedia artist by creating portraits for social media only. In September 2011, Zhou created a short film featuring herself and Nicola Formichetti which gained international attention and showing emerging Chinese fashion designers' works.
In 2013, she worked with the French couture jewelry house Gripoix designing their first artist-collection entitled Pineapple's Secret. Her animations have inspired clothing collection by the French hip brand, Each x Other. In the same year she was also hired by Iceberg brand to do a 360 degree clothing capsule collection.
In 2013, Yi Zhou collaborated with Bryan Ferry for a new animated work premiered at her solo exhibition at the Vladivostok Biennale and also showed at her solo exhibition in 2014-2015 at Le Cube in Paris.
Zhou is also a model and has appeared in Vogue (Paris, Italy, Germany, China, Mexico, UK and USA), Uomo Vogue, Elle (US, France), Numéro (China), Marie-Claire (China), Bazaar (China), and i-D (UK and Italy). She has appeared on the cover of Vogue China Beauty, Modern Weekly, South China Morning Post, and Vogue Italia Gioielli.
Zhou has worked with photographers including Karl Lagerfeld, Patrick Demarchelier, Inez and Vinoodh, Jen-Baptiste Mondino, and Raymond Meier.
She has appeared in global advertising campaigns for Persol, Levis, Conrad Hotel, T-Galleria by DFS, Iceberg and Hennessy.
She has been named Shiseido Make up new spokes person 2018-2020. 
In 2018 Yi Zhou has launched a fashion and lifestyle brand "Global Intuition", and she has founded "Into The Sun Group" with investments in entertainment & lifestyle industries. She has created a joint venture between YiZhouStudio and Mental Global Entertainment with Larry Namer named as Rouge Dragon Media.
Zhou has also actively participated to philanthropic works such as: UN World Climate Change in South Africa UNDP rio+!, for Unesco Marine heritage world and Rush Philanthropics auction in 2015, and most recently for Natalia Vodianova’s Naked Heart Foundation by participating with an artwork commissioned by Etam.
Yi Zhou and Yizhou Studio have partnered in 2018 with Charity Stars to launch a togetherness of initiatives.
Zhou has been selected by the Sundance Film Festival on three consecutive occasions. Since 2010, Yi Zhou has been appointed as art director of Tudou.com. It was her initiative to bridge The Sundance Institute members with the 2011 Tudou Video Festival in China.
Zhou currently develops her own screenplays and produces her upcoming feature films between LA and China bridging the west and east culture in a dynamic dialogue by also giving public speeches at TEDx Paris Salon, Tedx 798 and LVMH labour day and Financial Times Luxury Talks.
- "Zhou Yi: China's leading video artist comes home | CNN Travel". Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Yi Zhou: Shanghai surprise". Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Barbieri, Claudia (2010-12-01). "The Frenetic World of Yi Zhou". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "Sundance Institute Film Series Presents Animation Spotlight Thursday, April 1 at Salt Lake City's Tower Theatre". www.sundance.org. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "艺术家周依戛纳电影节《Hollowness空》展映会 _生活_嘉人网|Marie Claire". www.mcchina.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Hogan Taps Artist Yi Zhou For "Interactive Lives" Short Film | Jing Daily". Jing Daily. 2012-11-21. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Yi Zhou, la ribelle crossmediale che vive nel futuro - Vogue.it". Vogue.it (in Italian). 2016-10-19. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Sculpture place Vendome Paris Yi Zhou 1280 Tower". 2009.
- Arte, Rai. "I mondi surreali di Yi Zhou". Il portale di RAI Cultura dedicato all'arte e al design. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Staff, WWD (2016-11-30). "W Magazine and YSL Celebrate 'Desire' With Art World". WWD. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "TV5 Monde, Yi Zhou Interview, November 1th Video by Yi Zhou on Myspace". Myspace. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Studios La multi visione di Yi Zhou che mixa culture,tecniche,poetiche".
- Nancy Zhang (May 11, 2011). "Zhou Yi: China's video artist comes home". CNNgo.
- "美丽宝盒VOL.176：艺术家另类美妆圣诞节_时尚_腾讯网". fashion.qq.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Beauty - Shop Online at Style.com". www.style.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Celia Ellenberg (June 10, 2011). "Meet Clarins' Ambassador Artist". Style.com.
- "Beauty is in the details-Murmur Woods". Wmagazine.com. April 2012.
- "Hogan Taps Artist Yi Zhou For "Interactive Lives" Short Film". Jing Daily. November 2012.
- Au, Desiree (2014-12-01). "In Shanghai, Yi Zhou's Multitasking Produces Rewards". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "On The Scene: Artist Yi Zhou, Chanel Little Black Jacket Exhibition | Jing Daily". Jing Daily. 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Diane Von Furstenberg's Dispatch From China". Vogue. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Yi Zhou – Les réseaux sociaux en Chine | TEDxParis". TEDxParis. 2014-09-27. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "周依制作"名人肖像视频"之十三：邓文迪_土豆_高清视频在线观看". www.tudou.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "speaking to multi-disciplinary chinese art star yi zhou | read | i-D". i-D. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Fruit Forward: Artist Yi Zhou's Nature-Inspired Jewelry Collaboration with Gripoix". Vogue.com. September 2012.
- "Each x Other Screens Short Film at Cannes". WWD. May 24, 2013.
- "Designer rebel with applause|Life|chinadaily.com.cn". usa.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "This Week In Pictures - 07/10/2013". British Vogue. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "LE CUBE - Yi Zhou / Etrange poésie". Le Site du Cube. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Au, Desiree (2014-12-01). "In Shanghai, Yi Zhou's Multitasking Produces Rewards". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- "月光-Clair de Lune by 周依Yi Zhou_土豆_高清视频在线观看". www.tudou.com. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "Yi Zhou's Seven Critical Issues". Le Figaro.fr. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "The multimedia artist Yi Zhou just released a new short movie called "Freedom"".
- "TheMakerMagazine". www.themakermagazine.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Artist Yi Zhou Opens Exhibition in Rome - Hashtag Legend". hashtaglegend.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Holgate, Mark. "Yi Zhou Goes From Shanghai to London to Sundance, with a 3-D Pharrell". Vogue. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Yi-Zhou in Celebrities at a Special Event for UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon - Red Carpet". Zimbio. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Yi Zhou – Les réseaux sociaux en Chine | TEDxParis". TEDxParis. 2014-09-27. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Watch "Yi Zhou at TEDxFactory798" Video at TEDxTalks". TEDxTalks. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Signature of Women's Empowerment Principles - LVMH". LVMH. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "2014 financial times business of luxury summit, mexico city". designboom | architecture & design magazine. 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- The New York Times
- The New York Times
- Vogue Italia
- The Wall Street Journal (subscription required)