February 17, 1978 |
San Francisco, California, United States
|Residence||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Education||Gunn High School class of 1996|
American University class of 2000,Harvard University (MPP)
|Spouse(s)||Cecilia Mo Hyun-Jung|
Yiaway Yeh (Chinese: 葉亞威; Yè Yàwēi ) is former city councilmember and mayor of Palo Alto, California. He was elected to office in 2007 and was elected to mayor by the city council of Palo Alto on January 3, 2012. Yeh is the second youngest mayor in Palo Alto history and the first Chinese American to hold the office. He was born in San Francisco, and attended JLS Middle School and Gunn High School in Palo Alto.
Yeh received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the American University School of Public Affairs and his graduate degree in Master of Public Policy from Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Sheyner, Gennady (January 3, 2012). "Yeh, Scharff to lead Palo Alto council in 2012". Palo Alto Weekly. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Trout, Becky. "Espinosa, Burt, Yeh, Schmid win City Council seats". Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Green, Jason (January 4, 2012). "Yiaway Yeh tapped as Palo Alto's next mayor". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "About Yiaway Yeh". City of Palo Alto. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Speaker Biographies". Stanford University. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Patterson, Jim. "New faculty: Cecilia Hyunjung Mo shares her late father's passion for politics". Vanderbilt Research News.
- Garrison, Joey (April 26, 2013). "Dean's new Innovation Office aims at government efficiency, constituent needs". The Tennessean. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Leung, Kwokshu (January 4, 2012). "Palo Alto's first Chinese American Mayor". KTSF. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
|This article about a mayor in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|