Yih-Ho Michael Pao
Yih-Ho Michael Pao is an American entrepreneur and hydro-engineer. He was an early pioneer in developing large-scale wind turbines. In 2000, Dr. Pao was elected a member of the National Academy of Engineering for his research, development, and commercialization of ultrahigh-pressure waterjet technology.
Pao graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 1962.
Between 1970 and 2000, he formed and led six commercial companies in the United States based upon new technologies. These efforts created, developed and commercialized four new technologies that produce industrial tools:
- Waterjet technology
- Horizontal directional drilling technology
- Vertical axis wind turbine technology
- Advanced wet-blasting technology
- "Yih-Ho Michael Pao, Dr. Eng." The Third International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, American Academy of Sciences
- Chen, James (September 2006) "Dr. Yih-Ho Michael Pao: A Windpower Pioneer, New Invention on Floating-Vertical-Axis-Wind-Turbines" e-Bao Magazine Houston Asian News; pdf file includes Chinese and English
- Staff (March 2009) "China Needs More Innovations: Interview with Dr. Y. H. Michael Pao" iChina Magazine
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|