Yin Li (Cao Wei)
|Administrator of Dongguan Commandery|
(under Cao Cao)
198 – ?
|Monarch||Emperor Xian of Han|
|Died||Between October 222 and January 223|
Dongkou (洞口; along the Yangtze near present-day Liyang, Jiangsu)
Yin Li, also known as Yin Lu'er and Yin Lu,[a] was a military officer who served under the warlords Zang Ba, Lü Bu and Cao Cao in the late Eastern Han dynasty of China. Later, he served as a military officer in the state of Cao Wei during the Three Kingdoms period.
Sometime in the 190s, Yin Li, along with Zang Ba, Sun Guan (孫觀), Wu Dun (吳敦), Chang Xi (昌狶) and others, formed a small army, with Zang Ba as their chief, and garrisoned at Kaiyang County (開陽縣; present-day Linyi, Shandong).
In 198, when the warlords Cao Cao and Lü Bu were at war, Zang Ba and his followers led their troops to help Lü Bu. After Lü Bu's defeat and death at the Battle of Xiapi later that year, Zang Ba and his followers willingly surrendered to Cao Cao and became his subordinates. Cao Cao appointed them to various positions and put Zang Ba in charge of parts of Qing and Xu provinces. Yin Li served as the Administrator of Dongguan Commandery (東莞郡; around present-day Yishui County, Shandong).
Yin Li served as a military officer in the state of Wei under Cao Cao's son and successor, Cao Pi, after Cao Pi usurped the throne in late 220 and established Wei to replace the Eastern Han dynasty. Between October 222 and January 223, Yin Li fought in the Battle of Dongkou against Wei's rival state, Eastern Wu. He was killed in action against the Wu general Quan Cong.
- He was referred to as "Yin Lu" in Quan Cong's biography in the Sanguozhi.
- (魏略曰： ... 尹禮名盧兒。) Weilue annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 18.
- (遂收兵於徐州，與孫觀、吳敦、尹禮等並聚衆，霸為帥，屯於開陽。) Sanguozhi vol. 18.
- Sima (1084), vol. 62.
- (太祖之討呂布也，霸等將兵助布。旣禽布，霸自匿。太祖募索得霸，見而恱之，使霸招吳敦、尹禮、孫觀、觀兄康等，皆詣太祖。太祖以霸為琅邪相，敦利城、禮東莞、觀北海、康城陽太守，割青、徐二州，委之於霸。) Sanguozhi vol. 18.
- (太山臧霸、孫觀、吳敦、尹禮、昌狶各聚衆。布之破劉備也，霸等悉從布。布敗，獲霸等，公厚納待，遂割青、徐二州附于海以委焉，分琅邪、東海、北海為城陽、利城、昌慮郡。) Sanguozhi vol. 1.
- Sima (1084), vol. 69.
- (黃初元年，魏以舟軍大出洞口，權使呂範督諸將拒之，軍營相望。敵數以輕船鈔擊，琮常帶甲仗兵，伺候不休。頃之，敵數千人出江中，琮擊破之，梟其將軍尹盧。) Sanguozhi vol. 60.