This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ying Liang at the San Francisco International Film Festival
|Chinese name||應亮 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||应亮 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Yīng Liàng (Mandarin)|
|Origin||People's Republic of China|
Ying Liang graduated from the Department of Directing at the Chongqing Film Academy and Beijing Normal University. His short film The Missing House (2003) won the best script award at the Beijing Student Film Festival, and Critics Award at the Hong Kong Independent Short Film Festival.
After the success of his short films, he directed his first feature film Taking Father Home (2005), which won awards at the Tokyo Filmex Film Festival, the Hong Kong International Film Festival, and the San Francisco International Film Festival. Taking Father Home was also selected at more than 30 international film festivals including those taking place in Rotterdam, Vancouver, London, Chicago, and Fribourg.
In 2006, Ying made The Other Half, which is supported by the Hubert Bals Fund (HBF) from the International Film Festival Rotterdam. The film also won the Special Jury Prize at the Tokyo Filmex Film Festival.
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Notes|
|2005||Taking Father Home||背鸭子的男孩|
|2006||The Other Half||另一半|
- Woosuk Award at the Jeonju International Film Festival for The Other Half 2007
- Special Jury Award at the Singapore International Film Festival for The Other Half 2007
- The Special Jury Prize Kodak VISION Award at Tokyo Filmex Film Festival for The Other Half 2006
- SKYY Prize for First Feature at the San Francisco International Film Festival for Taking Father Home 2006
- Golden Digital Award at the Hong Kong International Film Festival for Taking Father Home 2006
- FIPRESCI Prize at the Singapore International Film Festival for Taking Father Home 2006
- NETPAC Award at the Singapore International Film Festival for Taking Father Home 2006
- Special Jury Prize at the Tokyo Filmex Film Festival for Taking Father Home 2005
- Best Live Action Short Film at the Golden Horse Film Festival and Awards for A Sunny Day《九月二十八日·晴》 2016
- Ying Liang on IMDb
- An interview with Ying Liang, director of Good Cats with David Walsh on the World Socialist Web Site