Ying Ma (writer)
|Known for||China, International Affairs and Conservatism|
Ying Ma (simplified Chinese: 马穎; traditional Chinese: 馬穎) is an American author, public policy expert and former lawyer. She was also a former deputy policy director and former deputy communications director for the Ben Carson presidential campaign in 2016.
She is the author of a memoir, Chinese Girl in the Ghetto, which she completed while a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution. The book describes her experiences growing up amidst poverty, violence, and racism in Oakland, California.
Ma has been published in a variety of publications, and she contributes to the Wall Street Journal's "China Real Time Report" blog. From 2007 to 2012 she was a term member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and has served as a policy advisor at The Heartland Institute. Ma worked as a deputy policy director and deputy communications director for Dr. Ben Carson in 2015/2016 when he was still in the race for the Republican primaries 2016.
- "Ying Ma". Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "About Me". Ying Ma. 2009-06-03. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- Ma, Ying (2011-03-18). Chinese Girl in the Ghetto. Lexington, KY: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781460970454.
- Profiles: Ying Ma, Hoover Institution, retrieved October 14, 2016
- Love, Angela K. (August 4, 2013), ""Chinese Girl in the Ghetto": An Interview with Author Ying Ma", Politichicks.com, retrieved October 14, 2016
- Conservative Women's Network: Ying Ma, The Heritage Foundation, March 20, 2015, retrieved October 14, 2016
- "Interview: Ying Ma, conservative commentator". 2016-05-12. Retrieved 2016-05-22.