Kalin is the author of the so-called Priest’s Declaration of 2005 which renounces the decision by the Church Assembly to introduce an official order of blessing for registered partnerships. The Declaration, which was signed by 865 Swedish priests, states:
We . . . consider this decision to be contrary to that order of cohabitation and marriage which God, through his Word, has revealed to us, and which is defined as a relationship between a man and a woman. The Word of God does not permit us to bless any other type of relationship as a couple.
Kalin is the Chairman of the Church Coalition for the Bible and Confession, a national organization that is similar to Anglican Forward in Faith and that was formed in 1958 by Bishop Bo Giertz, and he was the Editor in Charge of Svensk Pastoraltidskrift between 2005 and 2009, a by-weekly High Church journal containing ecclesiopolitical comments, Bible analysis for sermons and other information relating to the Church of Sweden. After the great tsunami of 2004 in Thailand, Kalin was one of the priests who was sent there to assist the many Swedish tourists who were among the victims, and he served as a coordinator for the work of the Church of Sweden in the region in the second week after the catastrophe.
After his ordination in Växjö 1973, up to 1980 Kalin served the congregation in Femsjö. Kalin moved to Swaziland in Southern Africa, whereto he was seconded by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa at which he worked from 1981 to 1990. Kalin has written two books about his African experiences, and maintained scrapbooks on the struggles for African liberation. From 1990 to 2002, Kalin lived in Mjöbäck, where he served as a parish pastor while he also was the Chairman of the Technical Service Committee of the local Council in Svenljunga. Between 1998 and 2006, Kalin was a lay judge at the Magistrates Court in Borås.
From 1996 to 2001, Kalin was a member of the Church Assembly (General Synod) of the Church of Sweden and from 1981 to 1998, he was a member of the Board of Church of Sweden Mission. For a part of this period he was also vice chairman of the Church of Sweden's administrative committee, as well as a member of several of the Boards of the Church's companies.
- Kalin, Yngve (12 January 2015). "Yngve Kalin's Webpage". Yngve Kalin. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Tighe, William J. (March 2003). "Swedish Strife". Touchstone (republished by Kalin). Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Olofsson, Folke T. (November 2004). "A Grief Observed- On Being a Priest in a Dying Church". Touchstone (republished by Kalin). Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "560 präster har skrivit på uppropet". Göteborgs Posten. 5 November 2005. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Kärrman, Jens (5 November 2005). "De vägrar viga bögar" (in Swedish). Aftonbladet (newspaper). Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Kalin, Yngve (1 November 2005). "The Priests' Declaration". Yngve Kalin. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Yngve Kalin bestulen under mässa". Dagen. 28 December 2005. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Wärn, Daniel; Peterson, Birgitta (trans.) (14 December 2005). "Many signers of the Priest Declaration have been pressured locally". Dagen (republished by Kalin).
- Kalin, Yngve (editor). "Om Kyrklig dokumentation". Kyrklig Dokumentation. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Voss, Jon (25 October 2010). "Operasångare hotad för insändare om bibeln" (in Swedish). QX. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Pastoral för en församling i Svenska kyrkan" (in Swedish). Kyrklig Samling. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Yngve Kalin's scrapbooks". The Nordic Africa Institute. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- En missionärs dagbok