The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First appearance||The Mighty Avengers #13 (July 2008)|
|Created by||Brian Michael Bendis|
|Team affiliations||Secret Warriors|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)
Fictional character biography
Both of her arms are severed by the Gorgon, and she is temporarily unable to remain active with the team. However, both arms are later replaced with prosthetics, and she returns to active duty.
Powers and abilities
She can run at superhuman speed, then bounces back to the point where she began.
In other media
A version of Yo-Yo Rodriguez appears in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., portrayed by Natalia Cordova-Buckley. She first appeared in the episode "Bouncing Back". Elena Rodriguez, nicknamed "Yo-Yo" due to her power, is a "street-wise Colombian woman given Inhuman abilities", namely the ability to move at super speed for the duration of one heartbeat before returning to the point from which she started. She first comes into contact with S.H.I.E.L.D. in the episode "Bouncing Back" when they investigate her for stealing weapons from the corrupt members of the National Police of Colombia led by Victor Ramon and the Inhuman Lucio where the two of them later kill her cousin Francisco. She grows close to Mack, who nicknames her "Yo-Yo", and eventually agrees to join the Secret Warriors where she helps to fight the forces of Hive. After the signing of the Sokovia Accords, Rodriguez returns to her life with occasional monitoring by S.H.I.E.L.D. She returns to the team after encountering the Watchdogs and pursues a serious relationship with Mack. In the episode "All the Comforts of Home", Rodriguez's forearms are sliced off by the chakram wielded by General Hale's daughter Ruby Hale, but she survives. While recovering in the episode "Principia," Elena is told by Daisy that Fitz is working on some prosthetic replacements for her lost arms. After the mission to obtain some Gravitonium from the Principia ship, Mack salvaged two of General Hale's robots so that Fitz can make use of their arms for Elena to use. While the arms are effective, it is revealed that Yo-Yo's speed cause them to become temporarily disabled due to the messages being sent between her brain and arms not moving fast enough. She arrives at the scene of General Hale and Daisy confronting a Gravitonium-infused Ruby who is suffering from losing control and hearing the voices of Franklin Hall and Ian Quinn. Angry with her, but also witnessing her suffering, Yo-Yo takes Ruby's chakram and slices her throat to put her out of her misery. She claimed to Daisy that she "saved the world". Fitz eventually fixes her arms so that they do not malfunction when she uses her powers at the time when Remoran warriors sent by Qovas attacks the Lighthouse.
Cordova-Buckley reprises her role in a six-part online digital series titled Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot. The six-part series showed Elena on the hunt for her old enemy Victor Ramon who has allied with the Watchdogs.
- Mighty Avengers #13
- Secret Invasion #3
- Secret Warriors #3
- Secret Warriors #8
- Secret Warriors #9
- Secret Warriors #1 (2017)
- "'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Recruits Natalia Cordova-Buckley to the Secret Warriors – News – Marvel.com". marvel.com.
- Underwood, Ron (director); Monica Owusu-Breen (writer) (March 8, 2016). "Bouncing Back". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3. Episode 11. ABC.
- Keene, Elodie (director); DJ Doyle (writer) (April 19, 2016). "The Team". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3. Episode 17. ABC.
- Misiano, Vincent (director); Craig Titley (writer) (May 10, 2016). "Emancipation". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3. Episode 20. ABC.
- Martens, Magnus (director); Craig Titley (writer) (October 11, 2016). "Uprising". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4. Episode 3. ABC.
- Woods, Kate (director); Drew Z. Greenberg (writer) (March 2, 2018). "All the Comforts of Home". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5. Episode 11. ABC.
- Turner, Brad (director); Craig Titely (writer) (March 18, 2018). "Principia". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5. Episode 13. ABC.
- Brown, Garry A. (director); James C. Oliver & Sharla Oliver (writer) (April 13, 2018). "The Honeymoon". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5. Episode 17. ABC.
- Lynch, Jennifer (director); George Kitson (writer) (April 20, 2018). "All Roads Lead...". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5. Episode 18. ABC.
- Tancharoen, Kevin (director); Nora Zuckerman & Lila Zuckerman (writer) (April 27, 2018). "Option Two". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5. Episode 19. ABC.
- CS (December 6, 2016). "Agents of SHIELD: LMD and a Slingshot Digital Series are Coming". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
|This Marvel Comics superhero-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|