Arquin playing for Notts County in 2012
|Full name||Yoann Axel Cyriac Arquin|
|Date of birth||15 April 1988|
|Place of birth||Le Havre, France|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|2009–2010||Paris Saint Germain B||28||(8)|
|2010–2011||Red Star 93||11||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 January 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 December 2016
Former Hereford United striker Guy Ipoua, recommended Arquin to the club in the summer of 2011 and after enjoying a successful trial, Arquin joined Hereford United on a free transfer on 25 July 2011.
Arquin scored his first goal for Hereford on 9 August, in a first round League Cup victory against Brentford. Over the rest of the season he scored 7 more times, including winners against Dagenham & Redbridge and 2 goals in the 3–0 victory over Crawley Town. However his efforts were not enough to prevent Hereford's relegation on the final day of the season to the Football Conference.
After leaving Hereford in the summer, Arquin became Notts County's 8th signing in preparation for the 2012–13 season on 11 July 2012. He signed a one-year contract, with the option of an extra 12 months. He scored his first goal in the 2–2 friendly against rivals Nottingham Forest on 7 August 2012. He made his competitive debut for Notts County in the Capital One League Cup game against Bradford City. In his league debut Arquin scored to make it 2–0 against Crewe but minutes later got sent off for kicking out at Ashley Westwood. Arquin made his return to league action against Shrewsbury Town where his superb run set up Lee Hughes to score the winning goal. He then scored a brace in a 3–0 win over Portsmouth. Arquin scored his fourth goal for the club against Coventry with a fine curling effort to put his team 2–0 up. After going over 5 games without a goal, Arquin finally scored his ninth goal for the club in a 3–1 win over Colchester after he headed in from a corner. He finished the 2012–13 season as Notts County's top goalscorer picking up the Golden Boot award at the end of season ceremony. Arquin also picked up the goal of the season award for his stunning volley against Rotherham United.
Arquin scored his first goal of the 2013–14 season in a 4–2 defeat to Peterborough United. In the next game against Walsall, he came off the bench and headed in Alan Sheehan's cross to equalise the scores. The match finished 1–1 and secured Notts County's first point of the season. On 27 August 2013, he scored a header against Liverpool in a 4–2 defeat at Anfield in the League Cup.
On 15 January 2014, Arquin joined Scottish club Ross County on a 1-year contract. He scored a goal on his debut in a home match against Dundee United on 18 January 2014, in what was a 3–0 win for the hosts.
Arquin left Ross County when his contract expired on 2 January 2015.
On 14 January 2015, Arquin signed for St Mirren until the end of season 2014–15. Arquin received a straight red card after 37 minutes of his debut, a 2–1 away victory against his previous club Ross County, on 17 January 2015 - however on appeal this was later reduced to a yellow card. Arquin left Saints on 29 May 2015 after an unsuccessful spell with the club, making 12 appearances and scoring no goals.
- As of match played 7 June 2016. Martinique score listed first, score column indicates score after each Arquin goal.
|1||12 November 2014||Montego Bay Sports Complex, Montego Bay, Jamaica||6||Jamaica||1–1||1–1||2014 Caribbean Cup|
|2||23 March 2016||Stade Pierre-Aliker, Fort-de-France, Martinique||9||British Virgin Islands||2–0||3–0||2017 Caribbean Cup qualification|
|3||29 March 2016||Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica||10||Dominica||3–1||4–1||2017 Caribbean Cup qualification|
Style of play
Arquin is a strong player known to be good in the air and comfortable using both feet. Notts County defender Dean Leacock likened Arquin to Nicolas Anelka. "A lot of us call him Anelka because he's got so much skill – and he's quite stroppy too!".
- "Professional retain lists & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. May 2013. p. 4. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Hereford United net ex-Red Star 93 striker Yoann Arquin". BBC Sport. 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- Hereford Times Carling Cup Match Report, Hereford versus Brentford, Arquin's first goal
- "Match report: Notts County 2 Nottingham Forest 2". Nottingham Post. 2012-08-08. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Crewe 1 Notts County 2". BBC Sport. 2012-08-18. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- "Notts County 3 Portsmouth 0". BBC Sport. 2012-09-22. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Coventry 1 Notts County 2". BBC Sport. 2012-10-20. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Notts County 3 Colchester 1". BBC Sport. 2013-04-13. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Liddle Sweeps Up At Awards Night". Notts County Official Site. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Walsall 1 Notts County 1". BBC Sport. 2013-08-17. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Sturridge and Henderson seal it for Rodgers' men against League One side". Daily Mail. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Yoann Arquin Joins Ross County". Ross County FC. 15 January 2014.
- Thomson, Andrew (18 January 2014). "Ross County 3–0 Dundee Utd". BBC Sport. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "PLAYER DEPARTURE YOANN ARQUIN HAS LEFT THE CLUB". Ross County F.C. 5 January 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Saints Sign Arquin". St Mirren F.C. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "Ross County 1-2 St Mirren". BBC Sport. 17 January 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "St Mirren succeed with appeal against Yoann Arquin red card". BBC Sport. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Manager's Report- 29/05/2015". St Mirren Official website. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Yoann Arquin, 1461 Trabzon'da". http://www.sabah.com.tr/. Retrieved 22 July 2015. External link in
- "Yoann Arquin: Mansfield Town sign ex-St Mirren and Notts County striker". BBC Sport. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- Yoann Arquin at Soccerway
- "'Yoann Arquin is Notts County's Nicolas Anelka' says Leacock". Nottingham Post. 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2012-09-26.