Hardware & Lumber in 2014
|state of Kansas|
|• Total||37.6 sq mi (97.5 km2)|
|• Land||37.2 sq mi (96.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,539 ft (469 m)|
|• Density||5.2/sq mi (2.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|FIPS code||20-80775 |
|GNIS feature ID||0473647 |
Yoder is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Reno County, Kansas, United States. It is located approximately 10 miles southeast of the city of Hutchinson on K-96. As of the 2010 census, the CDP population was 194. Although Yoder is unincorporated, with no city government, it does have a U.S. Post Office and its own ZIP code (67585).
The first post office in Yoder was established in November 1889.
Yoder Heritage Day takes place annually on the 4th Saturday in August.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Yoder has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved March 27, 2011.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961, page 2". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- Yoder Heritage Day
- Climate Summary for Yoder, Kansas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yoder, Kansas.|