Yoel Rodríguez Oterino
|Full name||Yoel Rodríguez Oterino|
|Date of birth||28 August 1988|
|Place of birth||Vigo, Spain|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Eibar (on loan from Valencia)|
|2012–2013||→ Lugo (loan)||33||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Valencia (loan)||2||(0)|
|2015–2016||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||9||(0)|
|2016–||→ Eibar (loan)||18||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 April 2017.
Yoel Rodríguez Oterino (born 28 August 1988), known simply as Yoel (Spanish pronunciation: [ʝo'el]), is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for SD Eibar on loan from Valencia CF as a goalkeeper.
Born in Vigo, Pontevedra, Galicia, Yoel was a product of local Celta de Vigo's youth ranks. He was promoted to the first team for the 2009–10 season, with the native region in the second division. On 10 February 2010, following a string of good performances in that year's Copa del Rey, he was called up to the Spanish under-21 side training camp by manager Juan Ramón López Caro.
On 31 July 2014, Yoel was loaned to fellow league club Valencia CF for one year, with the Che having the obligatory option to buy him permanently at the end of this period. He made his competitive debut on 19 October, starting in a 0–3 away loss against Deportivo de La Coruña.
On 19 November 2015, after making no appearances during the season despite the injuries of both Diego Alves and Mathew Ryan, Yoel was loaned to fellow league side Rayo Vallecano until June to make up for Toño's serious injury, with a buyout clause. On 20 December, he was in goal at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, but his team had to play with nine players for more than 60 minutes and were eventually crushed 2–10 by hosts Real Madrid.
- El Celta da la campanada y elimina al Villarreal en el Madrigal (Celta surprises and ousts Villarreal at the Madrigal); Diario AS, 12 January 2010 (in Spanish)
- El Atlético vuelve a arriesgar la Copa (Atlético risks Cup again); Marca, 22 January 2010 (in Spanish)
- 0–1: Un gol de Forlán mete al Atlético en semifinales (0–1: Forlán goal sends Atlético to semifinals); Mundo Deportivo, 28 January 2010 (in Spanish)
- Consulta la última convocatoria de la Selección Sub-21 (Check the Under-21 national team's last callup) Archived 23 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine.; RFEF, 10 February 2010 (in Spanish)
- Yoel Rodríguez, portero del Celta, se marcha cedido al Lugo (Yoel Rodríguez, Celta goalkeeper, goes to Lugo on loan); Goal.com, 18 July 2012 (in Spanish)
- "Charles makes instant Celta impact". ESPN FC. 19 August 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Comunicado oficial – Acuerdo con el RC Celta de Vigo para la cesión del portero Yoel esta temporada (Official announcement – Agreement with RC Celta de Vigo for the loan of goalkeeper Yoel this season); Valencia CF, 31 July 2014 (in Spanish)
- "Cavaleiro y Lucas Pérez revolucionan al Dépor" [Cavaleiro and Lucas Pérez shake Dépor up] (in Spanish). Marca. 19 October 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Yoel Rodríguez nuevo jugador del Rayo (Yoel Rodríguez new player of Rayo); Rayo Vallecano, 19 November 2015 (in Spanish)
- "Real Madrid 10–2 Rayo Vallecano: Gareth Bale nets four as Madrid hit 10 at the Bernabeu". Sky Sports. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- Yoel Rodríguez llega cedido a SD Eibar por una temporada (Yoel Rodríguez arrives on loan at SD Eibar for one season); SD Eibar, 11 July 2016 (in Spanish)