This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: YOGA|
|Founders||Maty Ezraty and Chuck Miller|
Number of locations
|Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Northern California, Orange Country, and Washington D.C.|
|Rosanna McCollough, CEO & President|
|Products||Yoga Clothing & Accessories|
|Services||Studio and On-Demand Yoga Classes|
|Revenue||$55.1 million (2016)|
YogaWorks is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of yoga instruction in the U.S., with almost 3 million student visits in 2016. The company operates 66 company-owned studios as well as their Internet-based digital media service, MyYogaWorks.com. YogaWorks is present in eight geographically dispersed U.S. markets — Los Angeles, Orange County (California), New York City, Northern California, Boston, Baltimore/Washington D.C., Atlanta, and Houston. YogaWorks teachers taught more than 180,000 classes and the company had more than 225,000 students in 2016. Since 1990, YogaWorks has offered a teacher training program, which has over 11,000 graduates.
Yogaworks was founded by two yoga teachers, Maty Ezraty and Chuck Miller. Rosanna McCollough joined YogaWorks in February 2015 as President and Chief Operating Officer, initially managing studio operations, marketing, teacher training, MyYogaWorks.com, human resources and IT, before being promoted to President and Chief Executive Officer in June 2016. In 2007 Yogaworks had 14 locations in the states of California and New York and by 2008 the company had expanded to 21 yoga studios. In 2014, the company and its 29 yoga studios were purchased by Great Hill Partners for $45 million. As of 2017 the company had 66 yoga studios across the country.
Products and services
The company offers yoga classes and sells yoga clothing and accessories. YogaWorks also offers training programs for yoga teachers. Some locations offer juice bars and spa-like amenities. Its classes are accessed through membership, class package, or single class pricing options.
- "S1 Filing". www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/filing.ashx?filingid=12143287. NASDAQ. June 23, 2017. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- ICR, Inc. (November 14, 2017). "YogaWorks Acquires Four Premier Studios in Atlanta". Press Release. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Sarah Duxbury (October 31, 2008). "Yoga Stretches Into the Bay Area". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Biography - Rosanna McCollough". ir.yogaworks.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=254590&p=irol-govBio&ID=257422. YogaWorks. June 23, 2017. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Betsy Boyd (July 1, 2007). "Competition for Area Students Will Go to the Mat". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "YogaWorks Acquired by Private Equity Firm". ir.yogaworks.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=254590&p=irol-govBio&ID=257422. EZFacility. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- YogaWorks (December 19, 2017). "yogaworks.com". yogaworks.com. Retrieved December 19, 2017.