Yogesh Chander Deveshwar
|Yogesh Chander Deveshwar|
|Alma mater||IIT Delhi|
|Occupation||Chairman of ITC Limited|
Yogesh Chander Deveshwar was born on 4 February 1947 in Lahore, British India. He received his Bachelor of Technology Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in 1968. Y C Deveshwar joined ITC Limited in 1968. He was appointed as a director on the board of the company in 1984 and became the Chief Executive and Chairman of the Board in 1996.
Deveshwar was due to step down as head of ITC in 2010.
Deveshwar is India's longest-serving CEO and he earns nearly triple the second-highest salary in his company; in 2011, it was said his salary was 26 lakh (2.6 million) rupees per month. In 2013, he was listed as the Best Performing CEO in India by Harvard Business Review and seventh in the world. In 2011, Deveshwar received the Padma Bhushan, India's third-highest civilian award.
- "Y.C. Deveshwar thinks ITC could be a model for running India's PSUs - Business Today". intoday.in. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Gupta, Indrajit & Surendar, T (2010) "Remaking Indian Tobacco Co.", Forbes.com, 30 June 2010, retrieved 2011-07-31
- Ghosal, Sutanuka (2011) "Inhouse talent preferred for ITC heir: Yogi Deveshwar", The Economic Times, 16 June 2011, retrieved 2011-07-31
- Kalbag, Chaitanya (February 5, 2012). "From centre-half to referee". Business Today. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Indrajit Gupta & T. Surendar (June 30, 2010). "Remaking Indian Tobacco Co". Forbes. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "ITC chief Y C Deveshwar to pave way for successor by February 2017". The Economic Times. The Times Group. June 14, 2011. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Hansen, Morten T.; Herminia Ibarra; Urs Peyer (2013-01-30). "The Best-Performing CEOs in the World". Harvard Business Review. Harvard Business Publishing. ISSN 0017-8012. OCLC 1751795. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Meet YC Deveshwar: The 7th Best Performing CEO in the World". Yahoo Finance India. Yahoo. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.